Thread: Suzuki Cappuccino (Nopro) washer bottle install for NA (comprehensive)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts

Suzuki Cappuccino (Nopro) washer bottle install for NA (comprehensive)

Background:The purpose of this thread is to demonstrate the installation of a Suzuki Cappuccino washer fluid bottle into a Miata wiper cowl space, specifically a first-generation (NA) Miata for the purpose of this thread. For installation in a second-generation Miata (NB), please see the specific thread for that.

The Nopro name is most often passed around forums because it is a Japanese company that sells the washer bottle as a kit for right-hand-drive Miatas and has become popular for it. The bottle is actually an OEM Suzuki part for its Cappuccino roadster.

It can be installed in any Miata either for looks, i.e. cleaning up the look of the engine bay and also out of necessity due to there not being room for a washer bottle after installing forced induction and other parts. This thread details the installation into a 1990 Miata which can be the most challenging because of the limited space compared to other Miatas.

Additionally, a hole will have to be drilled into the firewall whereas this step isn't necessary in other Miatas.
    This is the way I chose to do this along with the hardware I used. Keep in mind, somebody else might choose different hardware such as Allen bolts instead of plain, for instance, but the challenges remain the same. This install is more comprehensive than others I've done because of the many questions about specific hardware and methods I used.

Let's get started:
    Since this NA's space is very tight, I had to consider a few different things before installing the bottle:

1. The first is that the fill cap will interfere with the closed hood unless I mount the bottle precisely so that it goes into this factory hood indentation. That's how close the clearance is. 2. Next the wiper-motor rod moves up and down during operation so the bottle must be close enough to the firewall in order to clear the downward movement of the rod.

3. The cowl floor of this model protrudes like a shelf close to where to bottle needs to be. 4. Last, unlike other Miatas, this one does not feature a factory hole in the spot used to mount the right side of the bottle so one will have to be drilled precisely.

Okay, those things considered, it's time to prepare everything for installation. Lay out the hardware that's going be used so there's no confusion later.

Application note: A new Suzuki bottle comes with a new grommet for the pump to seal with. Used bottles may have a brittle or cracked grommet or missing it altogether.

No todo que es oro brilla.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (10-24-2014)