Thread: 95neoner's intro

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... 95neoner's Avatar
    Drives
    Silver '99 base
    Thanks Given

95neoner's intro

'99 Miata build thread: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-95neoner-s-99

Hi, I'm Justin, and I'm long winded. I had no idea this forum was here and just happened upon it from a facebook link from Miata Classifieds and your classifieds section here is really impressive, so you have my attention.

I've mostly been over on CR.net, I'm also signed up on a few of the other Miata forums, lurked on Miataturbo.net a bit but haven't went that route. There was a lot of good info on connectors there though I remember. I'm waiting for my BP to let go before I swap, so I haven't messed with power in the car a lot. I bought it at 77k almost 7 years ago from Savannah, GA, brought it to Charelston, SC and now we're at 128k. I drive it year round. It's been through the snow in CT and in OH now too. Amazing what these things are capable of with some good studded snows. I enjoy detailing quite a bit, have a background in auto body, tuning for the last decade now, and have a real love of learning how to better build and maintain. I'll spend hours researching before I ask, so that's good. I'm a maintenance nazi, keep a book and everything... so when it comes to the snow, I'm doing my best to keep the metal from disappearing. I'm an autocrosser, looking to start heading out to track days a bit, maybe build a SM, homebrewer, and business owner. Spent 6 years in the Navy, majority of it on a submarine, had no spare time whatsoever. Got out in December and now trying to make a living for myself.

I own 6 different cars and been trying to go pick up an ex-PTE '97 w/ 1.6 that was pretty much completely disassembled for the last month now, but the snow keeps falling every weekend and thwarting any attempts to tow. Besides those, I've sold 2 and... bought one on e-bay but the car was sold from under me after the sale on ebay. Wasn't happy about that, but it's why I still have the '99, so in retrospect, it was probably for the better. One of my things I've learned from said 9 cars is I have a lot of projects, and not near enough money to throw things together all at once, so some of these will just sit for a while so I can try to focus on one of the others. As a matter of fact, I'm still watching my savings dwindle, but that's just new start-up business marketing to a niche problems.

Anyway, the '99 I've been eluding to:

Those are the winter wheels. I need to get the summers back out and clean them up so I can get them on the car.

There ya go, dual purpose shot. Summer wheels and at autocross. They're definitely big. They're carry-overs from my 4-lug '95 Neon. They're one of my first part purchases, also a decade old. I do plan on making the car wider when I do that earlier mentioned swap, so I haven't bothered wasting money on replacements yet.

There's the rear. I'm supposed to have a rear window seal getting done soon... I've got to call that guy again.

I'll leave you with that little bit for now... I have to take off for a bit, when I get back I'll finish up my intro, show you the engine bay, interior, and probably inside the wheel wells too. Then there's the other cars I'd like to introduce you to as well.
    Last edited by 95neoner; 03-16-2015 at 09:56 PM. Reason: adding build thread links