A friend owned this car since 1996. During that time it was his primary driver until a few years ago. After a Tractor Trailer tried to rearrange the drivers quarter panel on the interstate, he used the settlement to purchase another convertible. His wife wanted space in the driveway and he knows I love Miatas so he gave me a price I couldn't turn down and it is mine. I was in the process of selling my last project, an '03 Excursion Diesel 4x4 when he offered it to me. Now that the Excursion has a new home (sniff) I have turned my attention to this Montego Blue beauty. I have put about 3000 miles on it since purchase and have immersed myself in understanding this car and the possibilities it has.

I'm retired USAF where I worked Avionics, mostly on fighters (F4E and F-16 (Block 15, 25, 30)). I have tinkered with cars all of my adult life. When the BRG was introduced I did my best to buy it from my local Mazda dealer. I actually put a cash deposit down on it sight unseen. I was called away on business (Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Provide Comfort) and they had to return my deposit. Since then I got married and we raised a couple of kids and the Miata was just not practical. Now my 14 year old is interested in learning about cars and this Miata is a great platform to start on.