Thread: Inspired by history

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Grumpy's Avatar
    Drives
    Grumman Wildcat (ok, 92 Miata) :
    Thanks Given
    some pictures from monday when we finished up the amp and speakers.
    What's visible in the trunk:

All covers reinstalled! Looks so much better than it used to!
    Drilled 2 new holes since the speaker mounting points didn't match up. Used some boom mat baffles which are also waterproof, supposedly anyway, so I didn't have to try to reuse factory rain shields.

The tweeter on the new speakers isn't round, so the factory grills needed a little modification.

Ran the amp remote and a micro usb power wire through to the center console cubby.

The amp turns on with the car and immediately pairs with the previously paired dvice, and starts playing whatever song is up on the phone. It works with my navigation app, cutting into the song to give audible direction. As an added bonus, I tried playing Star Wars, as it's one of the videos on my phone. That works too! The bt feed sounds ok to my ears, though the sound is lacking in bass. I'm the wrong person to judge for loudness, since I've got about a 60db loss in both ears, but I can hear it at highway speeds, so it's ok for my needs. now to set up my appt for paint to be done this winter. wooo!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Grumpy For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (10-15-2015),Greasemonkey2000 (10-15-2015),Paul B (02-03-2016),tsingson (10-15-2015)