Thread: The GoPro (for noobs) thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts

video The GoPro (for noobs) thread

I'm a little late to the party but after seeing how ubiquitous video recording has become and after seeing lots of member's great runs on the Tail of the Dragon and so on, I thought I'd dip my toe in the video craze.

Although GoPro cameras have been around forever, I'm finally getting in on the action and decided to get one. Keep in mind I am completely new to this so I want to tap some of the talent and experience from existing users for any tips and accessories to watch out for. As of right now, the GoPro 4 seems to be the latest version so that's what I got and then realized I probably need a few accessories like a suction cup mount and memory card to start with. Those are arriving in a few days.

So...experienced videographers, what should I buy and what should I do to get started? what are your thoughts on GoPros? After I transfer the video from the memory chip to the computer, what do I do then to get it on YouTube?

Nice kit but it only comes with a couple of permanent stick-on mounts, no memory chip and even though it comes with a mini-USB cable (why not micro-USB??) they didn't include a charger. Pretty shortsighted for a camera that costs this much. I am going to use a charger I already have for a tablet but since I'm not sure of charging voltage, I hope I don't blow anything.

Man, this thing is tiny! Yes, I could have gone with the smaller GoPro 4 Session cube but I wanted some more features.

No todo que es oro brilla.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Agent☣Orange For This Useful Post:

WASABI (12-06-2015)