Thread: Greetings From Wichita, KS New NB Owner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Idling - Listen to it purr... BluFalcon's Avatar
    Drives
    99 Emerald Mica
    Thanks Given

Greetings From Wichita, KS New NB Owner

My name is Ed and I sold my 92 Galant VR-4 back in December 2015, ending a automotive relationship that included either single or multiple DSM/Mitsubishi vehicles that stretched unbroken back to 1997.

I relocated to the Wichita area from Arlington, TX in January and decided to bring a nice, rust free Texas Miata with me before I moved to the "Land Of Salted Roads".

I'm a complete newbie to Miatas specifically, and Mazdas in general. I had a Mazda B2200 pickup back in the day, but it was traded in on my first DSM, a 92 Plymouth Laser back in 97, so it's been awhile.

Current plans are to build a nice clean car that does double duty as a fun street car, with occasional visits the autocross course. I signed up for a Driver's Edge event in October at Motorsport Ranch in Texas, so I've got a few things I need to take care of before that happens.

Since I got the car, I've added and fixed a few things:

Fixed The Stripped Out Drain Plug The Previous Owner Didn't Tell Me About

Got under the car to do the first oil change, and was like, "Surprise!!" Used a TimeSert kit to fix it.

Got A Used Hard Top

Got It Painted

Also Installed:
    Used Racing Beat Intake
    New Tires
    New Battery
    Water Pump/T-Belt, Seals
    Changed Fluids
    New Head Unit
    Fixed Base Antenna with a Shorty Mast
    Koyo Radiator

I've got some new Koni Shocks, Eibach Pro Kits that need to be installed and a Blackbird Fabworx Single Diagonal Roll Bar on the way.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of the platform, and definitely miss the boost from my old Mitsubishi days, but the Miata is definitely growing on me. Happy to be here and learn more about my new car and the community.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BluFalcon For This Useful Post:

Dandy (08-25-2016),HarryB (08-24-2016),NCGreasemonkey (08-25-2016),tsingson (08-25-2016)