Thread: Paul B's 90 NA "Build"

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Paul B's Avatar
    Drives
    White NA Miata
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,496 Times in 575 Posts
    Decided to start on the passenger side fender repeater today.

Was only going to tape and measure...

Little Man cooperated with me in the garage and played with his cars very contently.

Before I knew it the fender was taped. Measuring tape was out. Center was marked. Pattern from the gasket was transferred to the fender. Then there was a hole in my car. Then a bigger hole. Suddenly the Dremel and cutting discs were out and this oddly shaped ameba shaped hole was in my door.

Marker is in and holds pretty snug with the gasket and clip. Hole is not pretty and an area is a bit too large/not shaped quite right but whatever. Imperfections will be hidden by the signal itself and will be sealed by the gasket and some sort of sealing compound upon final install. Will also use some primer/rust proof paint to seal the metal.

Not going to wire it in yet so install is not finalized. One day when i remove the fender to realign doors a little better Ill wire them in. Thats a larger project for another day.

Driver's side is measured, taped up, and hole is marked. Ready to go tomorrow. Learned my lesson on the passenger side so driver's side should turn out almost perfect.

Really like how the marker looks now that it is installed.

Has anyone sanded the letters off these and made them smooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paul B For This Useful Post:

BRGNA8 (06-20-2017),Greasemonkey2000 (06-19-2017),tsingson (06-28-2017)