Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Thanks for the nudge MX5Wisher, its about bloody time I updated the thread! To assist with that, this weekend youngest son got out to help me wash up the SB and continue to reinforce the family’s affinity for the Roadster.

Nice and clean back at home:

We had a killer sunset that my new potato managed to do a decent job of capturing though I’m still amazed at the capabilities other non-Apple phones have for focus, aperture, etc, etc.

For what’s next? Received some missing hardware from a friend and fellow nut in Washington for an upcoming project Also, was blown away when the good folks at RDB welcomed me to their tribe with a pair of decals Now just need to find a good spot to mount em.

I’ve also been busy polishing a lot of things…

And crossed probably the last milestone with the current set-up
    (before anyone gets their hopes up, the KGW cluster and RS needle caps are already destined to go onto the BRG.)

Speaking of which, BRG (pronounced Berg) is back after six weeks from the accident (damned adjusters and insurance company delays). Very happy with the new fender and Rev9 flare, paint blending (also got the mirrors done at the same time) et al. The report back was that there was no damage to the frame, just the fender itself. The replacement pair of Mark 2’s have been ordered but have been quoted a lead time of 4 months (!!) so did swap back to the Enkei’s for now. Feel lucky to have the option, other than the 100% stock SB think it would be very hard to go back to driving on daisies for either BRG or the Smurf. Actually, especially for the Mariner given the flares.

I let my eldest son pick up and install a set of smoked markers front and rear to minimize the amount of colors going on. Never bothered me but don’t mind him having a say on where that car goes. We closed out the weekend installing one of Joe’s Rspeed rear lips

Tough to tell with this lighting but a perfect complement for the front. I secured an OEM R-lip for Benny which had been painted and was pretty badly scraped. I’d thought they were urethane and didn’t realize they were actually painted so was surprised when the small side piece I was removing paint from ended up white! Will install another one of Rspeed’s when it arrives and figure out what to do with the OEM one later.

My silent little protest I suppose but I continue to post all my updates first on MR.Net given I believe the growth of other, more superficial social media is hammering the forums too much (only exacerbated by photobucket). Maybe its time for MR.net to join the Instagram party or Facebook groups while still ultimately directing people back to the site? Amazing for me to see the change from 2016 to 2017 in terms of the 10x engagement.
    Best nine 2016:

Best nine 2017:

Would love to find ways to bolster this site as its been both an amazing resource for me to learn all things Miati as well as somewhere that’s facilitated engagement with fellow nets which has lead to some incredible friendships.
    Last edited by oldgrayleather; 12-13-2017 at 03:02 PM.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (02-08-2018),JamieH (12-11-2017),kung fu jesus (12-11-2017),MiataQuest (12-11-2017),MX5Wisher (12-12-2017),Roadster7 (07-10-2018),speedypenguin (12-12-2017),ueru (12-31-2017)