Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    On Saturday morning, we finally got around to finishing the suspension on BRG. We did it over two weekends starting with the sway bars and endlinks. I thought it would be helpful to spread the workload out since whenever working on cars at home, there’s usually some chores around the house I get co-opted into. What I didn’t think through was the hassle of removing some of those parts to install the coilovers (the worst of which was the Racing Beat bracing h/w that’s such a hassle to get in.. which had to be taken out to accomodate the long bolt method).

So last weekend we swapped over the sway bars (Racing Beat 1.125” front and Supermiata rear 14mm) along with the 949 endlinks.

Jacked up and ready to go

New and old endlinks (is there any reason to keep these??)…

Front sway bar – in!

The best part was doing the work together and having eldest son do much of it himself.

Then onto the suspension itself. Those old shocks were toast.

Ah, more better.

Final adjustments to get the pinch weld heights at 5” front, 5.25” rear.

The first real test drive was phenomenal. With the Xidas, BRG’s driving characteristics were finally much closer to Benny’s for both my eldest and my delight. Now I just need work to ease off a bit so I can get some track days planned for eldest and I since I have this dream of bringing him to MRLS this year with me. Oh, and an alignment.

Got to wrap up another awesome Miata-filled weekend with a good ol Sunday clean.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-08-2018),Greasemonkey2000 (04-02-2018),HarryB (04-03-2018),Ihatecars (03-28-2020),JamieH (04-02-2018),MiataQuest (04-02-2018),Roadster7 (07-10-2018),RustRat (04-03-2018),speedypenguin (04-02-2018),ueru (04-08-2018)