Thread: Chris' R34 GTT Series 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Not much has been happening and i didn't want to just post single photos.

Finally got the Altia bumper painted and fitted, along with some clear indicator units and chrome bulbs. Its transformed the front end and looks alot better! I'm glad i decided to colour code the centre bar and not left it black.

The factory ceramic turbo doesn't like a bar of boost, most say around 11-12psi max is safe. After some research i decided to go for a Greddy Profec OLED boost controller to up the current boost a tad. Also hoping it'll come into boost smoother as its a little bit 'choppy'.

I didn't like the mount that's supplied so decided to make something. I started off with making a blank for the ash tray

I wanted a flush look and have it removable if there was ever a problem or i didn't like it. We recently had some new magnetic phone holders come in at work so I decided to use one for the mount. I cut the ball & socket mounting off and was left with just the magnetic pad.

And stuck the other half of the magnet on the back of the controller

With the hole drilled for the wiring it was ready to be 'test fitted'. I originally fitted a wiring grommet but I didn't take into consideration that it protruded above the surface, so scrapped that idea

To make it secure onto the trim i used two small screws in the top corners. Double sided tape would have made it look cleaner, but I didn't want it coming off while i'm driving.

With it refitted it doesn't look too out of place in the cabin, quite pleased with the result! I've also fitted and wired up the AEM gauges from the MX5. I just need to fit the oil sandwich plate and sensor along with getting a boss welded into the exhaust for the AFR gauge.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (10-16-2018),freedomgli (02-22-2019),Greasemonkey2000 (09-30-2018),HarryB (09-30-2018),Phatmiata (10-01-2018),RotorNutFD3S (10-02-2018)