Thread: Samm's NC1 Sport project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! sammjoey's Avatar
    Drives
    True Red 2006 NC1
    Thanks Given
    So it's been a while and well a little bit has gone on while I've been busy with work over the last month.

After much thought I decided that really the SSR's aren't going to work out for me. As much as I love them and think it looks god damn awesome! I just don't think I'll be able to run them and make them look good because I think I'll have to run them so long in order to make them look right to me. Which would mean that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the car as I wanted, as lately I've realised how I missed B road blasting with friends and my original intent for the car which was to be inspired by what I have seen on Hot Version/Best Motoring.

So to begin this I put the stock 17's back on and raised the NC up an inch or so, including sorting out the rake situation.

While doing this I also encountered a lovely stuck locking collar which was sorted out swiftly by putting it in a vice and using a 4ft bar on each C spanner

And then we went in for an alignment as this is the height it'll be sticking at for a while now!

And now the SSR Star Formula Meshes are up for sale (£1000 o.n.o for those interested).
    I did have a kid in a Suzuki Swift who was interested in swapping for his Fifteen52 Tarmac's.

They need more tyre I know! But it doesn't matter as he turned out to be a time waster, he couldn't find the camber plates he needed apparently even with providing him suppliers for them.

I also got the nice little paint cracks my neighbor put in taken out.

And then finally my buddy Morgan let me borrow his Volk TE-37's from his S15 (Not like he's using them as all S chassis are always broken).

And with TE-37's being a bucket list wheel for me, man this makes me want to make it happen in the near future! Possible in white, or bronze!

That's all for now, I've got another week off coming up next month and a lot of little parts arriving in the mean time.
    NC1 Sport, BC Racing Coilovers, RE Amemiya AW7 Wheels.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sammjoey For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (04-20-2019),HarryB (04-21-2019),MiataQuest (04-20-2019),tsingson (04-21-2019)