Thread: How would you rank the JDM Limited Editions?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! MikeA's Avatar
    Drives
    Sunlight Silver '05 MSM
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieH View Post
    I think all the special and limited editions are neat. And that's it's pretty cool Mazda offered so many over the years.

But if anything, I have a higher regard for the more unique paint color offerings of NAs, particularly ones that have survived and are still in great condition. Even if on a base model optioned car.

You can unbolt rare original parts from cars, but not paint.

And I really hold a high regard for cars that have been named, well modded, and loved. Regardless of color. Anyone can buy a factory original special/limited edition car. Only some venture to make a car special themselves. And even fewer succeed.

"Naming something is like breathing life into it. Even metal and plastic can live. If something has been loved by it's owner it acquires a soul."

I don't believe in the supernatural, but I do like the above sentiment.

Spot on Jamie, and exactly what I considered when looking for my MX5. To each their own, and no criticism of those that do, but I couldn't undo what Mazda/Mazdaspeed had done on any of the Special Editions to effect my mods.

For this reason, I settled for the clean palette of a base model that I could destroy without feeling too guilty.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeA For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (09-02-2019)