Thread: The 'I told you, you'd be back' build of Misfire, my NB2 w/ F1 inspiration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScratchNSniff View Post
    Rear end looks SUPER Aggressive. Do like a lot!!!
    Thanks, Alex!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryB View Post
    +1 on what Alex said! Regarding exhaust hangers, I have successfully used zip ties tightened around the stock rubber ones as well as hose clamps in the past with success.
    Thank you, Harry!

Quote Originally Posted by dnaha View Post
    The entire car looks amazing but that rear end especially is so very nice. Love it
    Appreciate it, Daron!

My Carbon Miata taillight housings just shipped last week so hopefully I will have them in the next 4-6 weeks to my custom taillight setup. Once I do that I have a few other things that will be done to the rear to tie everything together and fulfill my vision for the rear, really excited and hope there is as much positive feedback once it's done!

I went to Dallas yesterday to get Misfire's softtop replaced but apparently texting after working a 10 hour shift can result in incorrect words being used. I got up there and got Misfire parked so Mike could get started swapping the whole frame/top assembly and noticed the new top was canvas and not vinyl like I wanted. I brought it to his attention and he said ya that's what you asked for and he showed me the text. I felt pretty stupid at that point. Besides the canvas with glass/defrost being $150 more than the vinyl version, I don't like how they look and are a pain to maintain.

Mike was understanding despite already having 3-4hrs in the job by putting the new top on another frame so they could be swapped and I could be back on the road in 2-3hrs. It actually worked out as I decided to go with a vinyl w/ zip out plastic window which is $130 cheaper than the vinyl with glass/defrost. That is what was on Warbird and really liked it and Mike said he likes that option the best too. This also gave me the opportunity to order new soft top seals which despite the poor condition of Misfire's current softtop, the only place water typically got in was at the window/seal point. So will be going back in the next 2-3 weeks to get that taken care of.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

dnaha (01-13-2022),HarryB (10-26-2021)