Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The "Rooster" aka the Miata formerly as "Phat" for sale!

Drives
    93 LE
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    Thanks Martin! Like I said, I did a quick search. I'll have to check those out.

Edit: Not sure I like the non-zip window on those. I'd be worried about creasing.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! JDMPalace's Avatar
    Drives
    a Pitcrew Miata
    Thanks Given
    I'm sure you are going to miss the rooster. But you will enjoy the new project what ever it might be !! It's always nice to get your hand on something different and start fresh.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! R2Limited's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 R2 Limited
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMPalace View Post
    I'm sure you are going to miss the rooster. But you will enjoy the new project what ever it might be !! It's always nice to get your hand on something different and start fresh.
    Thanks, man. I wish I had a warehouse in which to store all of my creations ;) I'm excited, though, to get on to the next one.

You're right. I will miss Rooster. Just like I miss my NB and most of my cars before that.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here!
    Thanks Given
    I wish I had the balls to sell my NA so I can buy a 911 (my preference is a 993 or 964). Alas, the thought of maintaining such a car scares both my mechanical ability and my financial ability. Good luck to you and post up on the new project once you have it, I'm certain it'd be just as classy as rooster.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone DK Wolf's Avatar
    Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by 94R View Post
    I wish I had the balls to sell my NA so I can buy a 911 (my preference is a 993 or 964). Alas, the thought of maintaining such a car scares both my mechanical ability and my financial ability. Good luck to you and post up on the new project once you have it, I'm certain it'd be just as classy as rooster.
    Porsches are pretty damn reliable young Padawan.

Reeves Callaway once told me this

"If you want a fast car.. get a Chevy... you want a fast reliable car? Get a Porsche"

Anyway, I did order my Xidas with 949 already, but they haven't shipped yet. If this sale falls through, I'll snag the ones on Steve's car and pocket the extra couple hundred.
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Mine is at 380k and still strong! WOO!
    1994 Mazda Miata, 1992 Mazda Miata Sold, 1995 Mazda Rx7 (500hp) Sold, 1999 Subaru GC8 (310hp) Sold

Drives
    1996 R2 Limited
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wolf View Post
    Porsches are pretty damn reliable young Padawan.
    Everything I've read in my small amount of research thus far would indicate that the 996T is pretty damned reliable. A few plastic bits here and there that might wear out due to heat cycling. But nothing that can't be handled reasonably.
    Anyway, I did order my Xidas with 949 already, but they haven't shipped yet. If this sale falls through, I'll snag the ones on Steve's car and pocket the extra couple hundred.
    Not so fast, mister. Check your FB messages. Car is being sold as-is.

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Limited View Post
    Damn Texans

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Everything I've read in my small amount of research thus far would indicate that the 996T is pretty damned reliable. A few plastic bits here and there that might wear out due to heat cycling. But nothing that can't be handled reasonably.

+1 the 996t,gt3,gt3rs all have bullet proof engines.Excluding minor bits and pieces, but that's normal on Porsche. It was the 996 911 & 996 911s and early the boxsters that had multiple engine failure. I was lucky enough not run into (intermediate shaft bearing issue) on my old 2000 Boxster S because I had the 3.2L motor.

My grandfather has the 996T x50 package its stupid fast with plenty of potential. I thought my Boxster S was fast till I drove the 996T. I gotta say that my dads 997 C2S was almost but not quite as fast as the 996T, but using the sports button that comes with the (sports crono package) with minor ecu tuning. The only thing that your going to be replacing is the clutch maybe every 15-25K and the rear tires often more than the front and it's not cheap.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

Drives
    1996 R2 Limited
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBo View Post
    +1 the 996t,gt3,gt3rs all have bullet proof engines.Excluding minor bits and pieces, but that's normal on Porsche. It was the 996 911 & 996 911s and early the boxsters that had multiple engine failure. I was lucky enough not run into (intermediate shaft bearing issue) on my old 2000 Boxster S because I had the 3.2L motor.

My grandfather has the 996T x50 package its stupid fast with plenty of potential. I thought my Boxster S was fast till I drove the 996T. I gotta say that my dads 997 C2S was almost but not quite as fast as the 996T, but using the sports button that comes with the (sports crono package) with minor ecu tuning. The only thing that your going to be replacing is the clutch maybe every 15-25K and the rear tires often more than the front and it's not cheap.
    Thanks for the input. I'm still learning so this is helpful. I'd love an x50 car. We'll see if I can drum one up in my price range.

I'll put maybe 6-7k miles/year on the car. So I'm not too terribly worried about consumables.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BoBo's Avatar
    Drives
    & Rides
    Thanks Given
    Thanks for the input. I'm still learning so this is helpful. I'd love an x50 car. We'll see if I can drum one up in my price range.

I'll put maybe 6-7k miles/year on the car. So I'm not too terribly worried about consumables.
    No problem,the 996T are getting lower in price now, which is a good thing. If your not in a hurry, you can find a clean one for 38-40k. Since Porsche tires are wide and low profile, I would recommend using tirecradle or Reifenkissen Tyre Cushion if your putting 6-7k a year. When I use to leave my old car in the garage for more than a week, I would get these nasty flat spots and my steering wheel would shake for a while when coming out of a garage. It would take a few miles for the flat spots to go away. Using one of those tire ramp cushion got rid of the problem. Anyways, good luck and have fun on your Porsche hunt.
    08 Kawasaki Ninja 250R Tuned/Track Prepared
    04 Z4 2.5 M Sport Package
    01 SLK 230 Kompressor AMG Sport Package

Thanks Given
    sad that this car is sold, definitely one of my favorites but happy that you're getting yourself a Porsche, been a life long dream of mine as well.

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch Toolman's Avatar
    Drives
    1993 LE #790; 1992 B&T, 1993 Smurf
    Thanks Given
    The Blue Potato, Woolery, PhatMiata, Rooster, Sharka...all iconic Roadsters. There are many more, of course.

Soon, there will be Pitcrewb from PhillyB, the person who bought the damaged Blue Potato front end.

But..."there...is...another".

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone Ihatecars's Avatar
    Drives
    91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    ^Woah. A wild Tim Allen has appeared.

Drives
    MR.net Ball Breaker
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatecars View Post
    ^woah. A wild tim allen has appeared.
    use masterball!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast