Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: link ecu users

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    '93 SC Miata
    Thanks Given
    I have a couple times, and i'm still not getting all of it. I've learned a bunch. On page 14, it says "Problem: The idle will oscillate between 1400 and 1600RPM in cold weather for a few seconds
    after start up.
    Solution: When the car is first started, Z19 raises the idle speed to keep the engine running.
    If the value of Z19 is set too high the engine will run into deceleration fuel cutoff, at 1500 RPM,
    that shuts the fuel injectors off. Lower Z19 by one point at a time until the oscillating stops. Z19
    must be set higher than or equal to Z18; we recommend higher by 4 points."

Mine does it while its idling after its been heated up.
    '93 Black JR Supercharger, Tein Flex Coilovers, 15" Kosei K1 TS's, Flyin Miata FM Link ECU, Custom Black/Red Interior.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! richterat83's Avatar
    Drives
    96 C with Flyin Miata Turbo II
    Thanks Given
    Going is slow, but i finally figured which wires are for which on the wideband, but still can't get the link into timing settings.

I just replaced the neutral switch on the top of the trans as well as on the clutch because those are the 2 switches the tuning manual control the visible "N" in the idle screen, but after replacing both, no "N" shows up still not allowing me to access the timing

Idling - Listen to it purr... Turboroadster's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 C package FM2 highly modified NA Miata
    Thanks Given
    New here, but not to the Miata or the link, have a 94 with one of the last links sold by FM, car has been in storage for several years now and hoping to get it up and running this winter. Have all the manuals and both the Link software and the free ware. Do most of my tuning in auto with a wideband. Going to be like Christmas when I get this back up and running and learning all this again.
    1994 MX5 Turbo Roadster
    Lots and Lots of extras.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676170...da-miata-mx-5/

Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    I have an older chip from one of my Links. I had a Mk2 and a Mk1. I believe it may be from the Mk1. It has a handwritten tag on it. If anyone wants it, shoot me a message.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234