Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mimi- PIC heavy

Idling - Listen to it purr... Codersozer's Avatar
    Drives
    92 Blue Miata
    Thanks Given
    Im in louisville KY, But the cage was done at McMahan Autosport in Akron, Ohio. His website is rollcageguy.com

the dash cuts fit PERFECTLY around the cage. It is seriously a work of art.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Codersozer For This Useful Post:

WASABI (04-09-2014)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! WASABI's Avatar
    Drives
    1991 British Racing Green
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,464 Times in 795 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    Looks great,... They did a great job around the dash too! nice!
    I agree, it looks like it belongs there, not a crazy hack job. I also like the extra room where the bars jut into the door shell, and the way the bar at the top of the windshield, follows the curve of the windshield. Quality workmanship.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WASABI For This Useful Post:

Codersozer (04-09-2014)

Drives
    92 Blue Miata
    Thanks Given
    Time for paint again. Mimi still hasn't been stayed from the wreck I had. Until now!

Got it all taped off and then sprayed it! Very happy with how it turned out.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Codersozer For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-13-2014)

Drives
    92 Blue Miata
    Thanks Given
    A little update now:

A couple days after the new paint was laid on the car, I loaded it up and headed up to Mid-Ohio to get my Comp License. Everything went as expected. Except during one of the practice starts, my exhaust fell off and I drug it up the pro straight. lol (I forgot to run the go pro cause i was too excited..)

After that, My girlfriend and I drove halfway to Autobahn CC and fell asleep in a hotel parking lot somewhere just east of Fort Wayne, IN. We woke up at about 10am and drove the rest of the way there and arrived at 2ish.

So we unloaded the car, and rushed to get everything ready to go through annual tech as a new build race car. everything went very smooth, no hesitations by the inspector and no fixes needed to be done. That weekend was my very first race. I got 7th out of 10 on saturday and 6th out 9 on sunday, but got DQd for being underweight. My car doesn't have the power to be a SM which really sucks. I have been asking around trying to find a cheap used SM motor but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyway, I was still excited I didn't crash and I got to actually do some really racing.

The next weekend was another lapping weekend at Putnam park with my friends. These are always the fun events! so the TL;DR for this is that my car would crank but not start when we got there. So I left the car on the trailer all weekend and had to watch everyone drive. I was instructing though so I couldn't leave. lol My friend Jeff gave me an awesome birthday present and let me drive his car though. I had a blast. His car persuaded me to skip out on SM and run PTE. It is cheaper, and faster than Sm, plus all my local friends run it so It has to be fun!
    (here is a picture of all of my friends that run in E a few only run TT but are very capable drivers and could be competitive in PT.) And my video of driving my friends car; his is the white on with the giant wing and no mirrors... 3rd car back.

In the mean time, Im still diagnosing this no start issue. I am still in school for one more week, then headed down to SOWO in my piece of shit slammed car. After that I'm home for the summer and can hopefully get it sorted out.
    I have a new fuel pump and filter and spark plugs that I have laying in my parts to put on pile which can hopefully solve the issue but we will see.

As far as the PTE build goes, I picked up a Megasquirt for a really good deal form one of my local friends, and I am planning on swapping the 1.8(99 engine) from my daily into the racecar.

Thats it for now! Ill get pics from sowo posted when I get back, and update the thread when I get it running again.

Follow me on instagram too @Codersozer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Codersozer For This Useful Post:

WASABI (05-14-2014)

Idling - Listen to it purr... Mustang73351's Avatar
    Drives
    a red 1990 miata
    Thanks Given
    What is the color code for that blue

Individual-1 ☚ ☻ ☛ Agent☣Orange's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,545 Posts
    Great Miata but gawd I love that VW bus!

No todo que es oro brilla.

Drives
    92 Blue Miata
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
    Great Miata but gawd I love that VW bus!
    Thanks man! Unfortunately I really need to get rid of it to help with college and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustang73351 View Post
    What is the color code for that blue
    It is the stock mariner blue color with I did 12 small spoonfuls of PPG White pearl (Tint 9) mixed in the gallon of paint.

Drives
    1994 LB / 2014 MX5CE / 91 SD Italia
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 1,646 Posts
    Love the paint!!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123