Thread: Liberal E-Brake Boot

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts

Liberal E-Brake Boot

I ordered this from Rev9 a while back for $90(!) and recently decided to install it. Well, not so much install as it only took about 30 seconds to properly fit it. With the e-brake up I slid the boot right over the handle and factory black plastic cover, taking just a few seconds to move some velcroed carpet out of the way, to get the boot all the way down and securely wrapped around the base of the plastic e-brake cover. The leather is extremely soft and pliable, stretchy even. I ordered it in black with white stitching, to match my OEM 1028 shift boot and it does match great. I'm very satisfied with it.

Semi-related disclosure: I used some Lexol leather cleaner on the 1028 shift boot (before the picture, this was when they matched perfectly), then followed up with some Lexol leather condioner, now the stitching on my shift boot is yellowish.

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    the eBrake boot looks great, sucks about the discoloration on the other parts after using the conditioner.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Phatmiata For This Useful Post:

fwdtamiya (09-09-2014)

Drives
    1991 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,435 Times in 1,506 Posts
    Yeah, I'm sure I can get it white again with the cleaner, I just need to find a conditioner than is clear or white.