Thread: Rooster now in Mid-Tenn

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone TNRooster3's Avatar
    Drives
    chaste White, 1996 R2-Limited Eunos Roadster
    Thanks Given
    I went to the club meeting the other day and it was getting dark when the meeting broke up so I ran the lights on the way home, now Rooster has one pop-up light (passenger side) setting cockeyed and partly closed and it will not open. It's like one side of the lid did not close all the way. Did not have time to work on this until today, been dealing with downed trees, power company, tree removal folks, 3 neighbors etc. Anyway I popped the hood and it turns out that a bolt had come loose on the outer side of the light unit. This may be a simple fix but someone on here may not know about it so I am going to do a post here.

Bolt is missing from the bracket:

[IMG][/IMG]

Bolt and nut was still laying down below the light, lucky I guess:

[IMG][/IMG]

Hand was too big to reach them, this gave me a chance to use a present that I got this past Christmas, a magnetic on a stick, works good to:

[IMG][/IMG]

Bolt back in place, had to get a washer, it was missing. So this is what it is supposed to look like, anyway it matched the other side:

[IMG][/IMG]

Tested both the Tombstone switch and the main lighting switch and both work the lights, all fixed.
    Last edited by TNRooster3; 08-03-2017 at 12:38 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TNRooster3 For This Useful Post:

tsingson (08-05-2015)