Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nakamae Centerless Console Questions

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! 90blue's Avatar
    Drives
    a Miata 1990 blue VVT AEM EMS4
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Proyea View Post
    I finally decided on the Nakamae center console because I love the minimalist look and link back to the M2 and knew I wanted my elbow to be as low as possible with the Type R's. I just installed all the Nakamae bits this weekend which was really straight forward and incredibly gratifying. The only issue I'm having is getting the carpet to stay flat along the center just behind the shifter ring. No matter how many times I've tried to secure the Velcro on either side, there's still a gap between the carpet and the FRP. Has anyone else had this problem and have any ideas? Not keen on gluing the carpet to the FRP but at a loss for how to secure it. Seemingly impossible to capture in a photo but have tried...
    Surprisingly, or not, I have a similar issue at about the same location. I removed the console and went with a carpet overlay. The wrinkle is in about the same location, near where my forearm and elbow would rest and close to the E Brake. Pins and Velcro did not hold the stretch tight. Glue only mucks up the carpet. A heat gun used to reshape the plastic underlayment is about the only thing I have found that come close in solving this issue. I now have replacement carpet sans cut holes to replace the overlayment. We shall see.
    From Nakamae I would expect, rightfully or wrongly, that the carpet would fit like a glove.
    Peter

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 90blue For This Useful Post:

oldgrayleather (04-21-2016)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123