Thread: Project Ronin

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! OnePaintedMan's Avatar
    Drives
    Silverstone 1990 NA6ce
    Thanks Given
    Well. It turns out that all my running/tuning issues were caused by erratic timing resulting from a worn keyway on my shotnose crank. I discovered this during strip down of the front of the engine to replace the leaking main crank seal.

The wear wasn't excessive so I decided to carry out the Loctite 606 fix. Fitted a new front crank seal (a story in itself - what a PITA that was), new cam seals, water pump, cam belt, pulley and tensioner, camshaft pully, camshaft bolt and cam belt covers whilst I was at it and carried out a thorough degrease of the whole engine and underside of the car.

I'm pleased to report that the Loctite fix has worked brilliantly and I now have a fully functioning supercharged Roadster! It's running better than it ever has and I've now unleashed the extra ponies provided by the supercharger.

I also wire brushed and POR15 treated the rear suspension, rear underside body and rear arches of the car over the winter.

In other news. . . I sold my Corn*s exhaust and replaced it with a Cobalt stainless steel single exit setup. Much more refined and now I can hear the supercharger getting busy! #addictedtowhine
    Last edited by OnePaintedMan; 05-19-2016 at 06:25 AM.
    OK, if want to know how I did the dash in Project Ronin. . .you can find the basics here

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OnePaintedMan For This Useful Post:

Cermivelli (05-19-2016),Dandy (05-19-2016),Greasemonkey2000 (10-16-2016),NCGreasemonkey (05-22-2016),oldgrayleather (05-19-2016)