Thread: Engine Swaps & Modified Engines Thread - 2018 Edition!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    1999 White
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 7,202 Times in 3,433 Posts
    Because you have the better 2.0, IIRC 09+ have forged internals, if you choose to go F/I you really need to set a power goal. F/I is going to have some complexities that come with a steep learning curve. Don't forget the additional supporting mods needed to keep that power reliable. If you are looking for adding power without those complexities, an engine swap is the way to go. The 2.5 is low-hanging fruit.

I'm not sure if the consumables on the Corvette are all that different from a Miata. An F/I Miata is not exactly fuel efficient. A V8 Corvette is going to cruise at 70mph on the freeway at ~2000-2500 RPMs. A lot of people I know who have driven/raced Miatas say a Corvette drives like a big Miata. C5 'Vettes are aging out like NB Miatas, the newest is going to be 14 years old, so except for it's classification, insurance will be how your policy lays. I'm following a friend who recently bought a Z06 C5 lay down times (stock) that none of his highly modified Miata racecars could touch.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kung fu jesus For This Useful Post:

HarryB (02-21-2018)