Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Friday night I took the Mrs' Sunburst to KINOD since it hasn't been out to stretch its legs for a while. Still only 43k miles which is just 5k since it became ours nearly three years ago!

Since she still wants to keep it 100% stock I had Jeff Anderson overhaul the stereo deck to fix the cassette deck, add an aux and get a bit more power out of it. A couple months ago after going over a small bump the stereo stopped working only to repair itself after going over another bump. Then last weekend it just stopped. I took it out and tried to clean the connectors with an eraser but not luck. The only downside of the KINOD trip was the lack of music. Not sure what to try next - any su/ggestions?

I suppose without any music it did give me more time and less distractions to appreciate how these cars were without any modifications. Lots more body roll, much more compliant suspension, no scraping on anything. Stock interior was so well thought out. Evreything just works, the seats are comfortable and green glow from all the lights really is pleasant. All in all a much more relaxed late night drive on the freeways.

Since KINOD isn't at Krispy Kreme anymore I decided to swing by and get a dozen donuts for whoever might join...

The turnouts seem to be getting larger pretty regularly and its always nice to welcome new people.

I also got half a dozen the family the next morning. Thankfully my trusty co-pilot knows better than to even consider tampering with people food.

For all of you suffering through winter we've just been suffering through two days of it here... 57 degrees and rain!

Well, we are truly spoiled on the weather front. It turned out to be a great excuse to put on some warm clothes, update the thread and then to curl up with some of the new Road&sters I haven't yet touched.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (03-11-2018),Greasemonkey2000 (03-11-2018),JamieH (03-15-2018),Phatmiata (03-12-2018),Roadster7 (03-11-2018),speedypenguin (03-11-2018),ueru (03-16-2018)