Thread: Cars, Coffee and California...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    I call it karma - mailman was very very good to me this week. This showed up which put a huge smile on my face. I was super happy when Moss decided to stock Adam's gauges and putting Sharka on the latest catalog was just awesome to see...

and this also arrived...

I've stared at the gauges so much already but definitely can't better Adam's photography so not taking any pictures until I get them installed. Surprisingly I'm not totally ready. I've spent close to an hour trying to make sure the RevLimiter lenses are spotless but still struggling to remove every bit of silicone. I've also been researching painting the needles red but not wholly convinced I'll be completely thrilled with the results of either painting (after painstakingly removing the white on the backside) or using red light film. Wondered if NB needles could be an option and spent a while trying to find out if they were compatible or not. Randy kindly sent some pics of a side by side comparison and later confirmed with Adam that they should work.

Interesting that both of these were NA so it seems the longer stems aren't an NB only thing...
    Last edited by oldgrayleather; 06-06-2018 at 11:07 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (06-06-2018),HarryB (06-07-2018),JamieH (06-07-2018),Paul B (06-07-2018),RustRat (06-07-2018),tsingson (06-13-2018),ueru (06-07-2018)