Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift oldgrayleather's Avatar
    Drives
    '90 Mariner, '92 SB, '91 BRG
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 946 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihatecars View Post
    I'm not sure how I managed to miss this thread for over 4 years now. Despite even being mentioned after you got the Cafe Roadster sticker. Better late than never I guess?

I've spent the past few days catching up on this thread from the beginning and it was well worth the read. This thread, your roadsters, you, and your family are something special. I really loved your cars before, but I have an appreciating for it all that I didn't have before.

The turn signals on the Barchetta bumper can be heated up in an oven enough to soften the glue. That way you can separate the lens from the housing safety without cutting or breaking.

I also really dig your Mazdaspeed spoiler. Sorta boyish in how large it is, but in the most fun way possible. It works.

and that "issue 1" style Road&Ster sticker is super cool too.

Glad you found some entertainment here and didn't tire of all the context . To me the stories of our cars and our journey's is what I've loved most about MRNet and all the Roadster nuts I've been fortunate enough to meet around the world.

I remember you telling me about the oven trick though still nervous about over-cooking them. The fit in the bumper itself has also never been great, any tricks for that?

Totally agree with you on the MS spoiler. I originally got it as a guilty pleasure.. I feel too old to rice out like that but the scale of it still makes me grin every single time I see it.

BTW: I'm still rocking the Cafe Roadster sticker with pride as a happy acknowledgement of the nice surprises this tribe has brought.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldgrayleather For This Useful Post:

HarryB (04-02-2020),Ihatecars (04-01-2020)