Thread: Just another silver NB....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Drives
    99 Silver NB
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,066 Times in 1,332 Posts
    So with the whole stay at home thing, I got pretty bored. So I bought the Automotive Touchup paint for my NB and some 2K clear and went to work on my mirrors that were just horrible.

Here is a picture with the mirrors off and the hardtop up in the air:

I did install the Project G G-String Bikini Top but it was only to test fit it since the weather was warmer and the vinyl could stretch pretty easy. It also helped with reversing since I didn't have the mirrors on the car. Not long after I put the mirrors back on the car, the hardtop went back on also. Too much pollen in the air so I wanted to avoid having my interior covered in yellow dust.

Here are the mirrors taped up and getting ready to be primed:

Close up of what I was trying to cover:

First coat of primer:

After 3 coats of primer:

First coat of base:

After 5 coats of base:

After a light coat of 2K clear:

After 7 coats of 2K clear:

Installed on the car:

If you look closely at the pics, I had a small run on one of the mirrors. The wind kicked up just as I started spraying and messed me up. I may be able to wetsand it and then buff it but if it doesn't come out, whatever. I also didn't fix the small rock chips due to 1. Being lazy and 2. I didn't want the mirrors out shining the rest of the car. The car is daily driven (for the most part) and has rock chips and small imperfections so I look at it like it's part of the car's personality. I just hated the fact that the paint had peeled so I have some paint on there now.

But the car is complete. For now at least. All small things that I am looking at. Maybe change the wheels out but all I am really wanting are a set of dished out Wats or SBC RPF1s.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tsingson For This Useful Post:

Agent☣Orange (04-14-2020),Greasemonkey2000 (04-14-2020),HarryB (04-16-2020),kung fu jesus (04-14-2020),MiataQuest (04-14-2020)