Thread: The 'I told you, you'd be back' build of Misfire, my NB2 w/ F1 inspiration

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Cool to see all the updates and all the little bits and pieces coming together. Really appreciate the kind words as well, and I have to admit that I enjoy the whole process and the passion with which you approach your vision very much!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarryB For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (06-11-2023)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    05-21-23: Continued working on the rear bumper, namely cutting the slots and mocking up the lights. I bought some United Pacific LED GLO side marker lights for additional running lights and some white LED lights off Amazon.

The lights are right at about 1" tall which that is what I figured the slots would look proportionally correct given I was going to do four sets of two and the area starting from the curve of the bumper to the bottom was approx. 5".

That would mean there would be 1" vertically between each slot and the edge of the bumper. The slots would be 10" since the width of the bumper is approximately 48" from the area below the tail lights where it starts to wrap around the car, giving a 2'' gap between each slot horizontally.

After measuring and marking the bumper I used a 1" hole saw to cut each end of the slots.

I then finished cutting the slots with an angle grinder and started working on the mounts for the lights that would go in the outer most bumper slots. I used 1" flat aluminum stock and angle aluminum. I drilled a hole on each side and used a rivenut insert so that I could use a m6 bolt to secure them.

The mounting still hasn't been finalized but here are the completed bumper slots with the lights mocked up on the driver side.

I bought some black mesh to use in the slots but it was too thick to form the round ends so I picked up some other mesh that should work. Once the light mounts are finalized, I will work on the mesh inserts.
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Greasemonkey2000 For This Useful Post:

HarryB (06-11-2023)