Thread: My name is Zico, and this is my Chaste White NA8 build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! zco's Avatar
    Drives
    1994 Chaste White
    Thanks Given

More fabrication work

Finishing off the engine bay fabrication work, here is a customer 3" titanium intake, mounted to a Hypertune coupler and Bosch DBW TB adapter.

I cant wait to hear what VTEC sounds like! I'll fabricate some aluminium plates to guard the filter and engine from hydrolocking

The fabricator also made me a 4-1 header, using an ASP 4-1 collector, along with a 70mm exhaust.
    I had some issues with the header so I removed it and decided to get it remade by a friend of mine who wanted a little project. More on that later..

I also got the him to mount my PDM and ECU in the OEM location. Here it sits on its own rectangle mounting plate, rubber isolators used to assist with vibrations, and mounted to a secondary plate on the car. I'll most likely install some form of heat resistant insulation in between the plates, and car.

Also got a battery mount made for the lithium battery. Still amazed at how little it weighs... 1.7kgs (3.7lbs) !!

Next up, was one of my favourite parts of the build. I had a theme of trying to keep it 'Honda Inside' (engine and interior), and Mazda outside / exterior.
    As I was going for a drive by wire setup, it was a good opportunity to find a DBW pedal system from a Honda to start my Honda Inside theme.

These pedals started out in 1996, in the Honda Civic EK9 Type R, and are a signature interior piece across nearly every type r model, ranging from the EK9 Civic, DC2 Integra, Accord EuroR, S2000, and even in the FK8/FL5 Civic type R's until this day (albeit, slightly different).

I found a DBW version of this pedal from a 2011 UKDM Honda Civic, which was perfect for my needs. The OEM Mazda Miata accelerator pedal was cut off and this was fabricated and reinforced to hold the new DBW pedal.

Next was the clutch and brake pedals. Due to the narrow width of the Mazda pedals, I had to modify the pedals and widen them, before mounting the pedal covers from the EK9/DC2/Euro R

The pedal boxes were also reinforced with gussets from Nielex. This should reduce flex and improve pedal feel

I also fitted a brake booster delete kit from Honed Developments, but I cant seem to find any photos of that at the moment.
    But here are all the pedals now fitted to the car.

Carrying on with the 'Honda Inside' theme, Mazda does not share the Shifter/Gearknbob thread pattern as Honda.
    I reached out to Bill at Miataroadster to get him to make me one of his short shifters in the Honda thread pattern so I could utilise some Honda shift knobs I have planned.
    Looks like every other short shifter kit from Bill, except with a Honda thread

There are a few more 'Honda Inside' bits I will share over the next few posts!
    Last edited by zco; 12-12-2023 at 11:15 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zco For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (01-17-2024)