Quote Originally Posted by ThatWhiteNA View Post
$1k? I had a half-cage (main hoop back, legal sized tubing, welded in) fabbed for $350. Are you doing a full cage or just a roll bar with lots of look-cool crap, hype and overpricing added to it? Again, I mean no offense (to both parties), but I can't justify paying that much for just a roll bar that has some fancy gusseting and nothing else that makes it better than any other roll bar, no matter how nice it looks. A grand is full cage territory. Just food for thought. If you are indeed going full cage, I will take that back. lol
No offense taken, because there's no reason to take offense from this kind of commentary.
Every now and then someone will post about how overpriced this and that is and how they got their 12 point chromoly cage fully TIG welded by the hand of god himself for $895 including materials.

Maybe DOM tubing is growing in FL on trees in your neighbourhood and labor is free, best of luck trying to get any remotely decent cage done for $1K.
The ones I've seen that were done so far on a budget of under $2K were complete piles that I would touch with a 10 ft pole.
Guys around here thinking they got the deal of their lives doing a cage for $1200 when any fabricator that has a clue sees a death trap.
YMMV, I'll try hard to say no more.

Moti