Thread: Mazda6 Sedan World Premiere at 2012 Moscow Motor Show

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone MRnewsBot's Avatar
    Drives
    Mazda News
    Thanks Given

Post Mazda6 Sedan World Premiere at 2012 Moscow Motor Show

All-New Mazda6 Sedan World Premiere at 2012 Moscow Motor Show

- Mazda's new flagship model fully incorporates both SKYACTIV TECHNOLOGY and the KODO-SOUL OF MOTION design theme -

HIROSHIMA, Japan—Mazda Motor Corporation will hold the world premiere of the all-new Mazda6 sedan (known as Mazda Atenza in Japan), totally redesigned for the first time in five years, at the 2012 Moscow Motor Show. The Moscow Motor Show begins August 29 and runs through to September 9, 2012.

The new Mazda6 is the second of Mazda's new generation of products which incorporate both the full range of SKYACTIV technologies and the new KODO-SOUL OF MOTION design language. It will also be the first model equipped with Mazda's brake energy regeneration system, i-ELOOP. The introduction of i-ELOOP marks stage 2 of Mazda's Building Block Strategy for environmental technology development. The strategy calls for thorough improvements in base automotive technologies before the step-by-step introduction of electric devices to improve fuel economy and reduce carbon emissions.

The new Mazda6 draws on the best of Mazda's technical expertise and craftsmanship across all domains, from dynamic performance and design, through to environmental performance and safety. It stands as the flagship model for a new generation of Mazda products. It features a sense of dignity, style, luxury feel and comfort expected from a vehicle in the CD segment whilst offering the pleasure of responsive and agile driving, which is at the core of the Mazda brand.

The model to be exhibited at the Moscow Motor Show is a Russian specification sedan equipped with a direct-injection SKYACTIV-G 2.0 gasoline engine and six-speed SKYACTIV–DRIVE automatic transmission.

The official name of the motor show is Moscow International Automobile Salon 2012. Press days will be August 29 and 30 and it will be opened to public from August 31 to September 9. Mazda will hold its press conference on August 29, 2012.

Main Exhibits at the 2012 Moscow Motor Show
    Reference exhibits Mazda6 Sedan (World premiere)
    Mazda Shinari concept car
    Technology exhibits SKYACTIV Engine
    Mazda's brake energy regeneration system 'i-ELOOP'
    Vehicles currently on sale Mazda2, Mazda3, Mazda5,Mazda MX-5, Mazda CX-5

All-new Mazda6 Teaser Video

http://www.media.mazda.com/CGI/Acces...seq=20120725eb
    I am your Mazda News Bot!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! drv2fst's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I like the new grill, less . RX8 fenders are nicely incorporated. Overall design is less busy than so many today, but not sure if it escapes 'boring'; I'd need to see more angles.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death - Hunter S Thompson

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! hippari's Avatar
    Drives
    1999 Champagne MX-5 (sold)
    Thanks Given
    Would love to hear word on a Mazdaspeeded version? Kinda looks like a Hyundai from behind right now.

Idling - Listen to it purr... Tnemec5's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Wow I Like this version! Very sleek looking!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Muti007's Avatar
    Drives
    AP2 S2000, LS430 & GX470
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by hippari View Post
    Would love to hear word on a Mazdaspeeded version? Kinda looks like a Hyundai from behind right now.
    I can guarantee there wont be one. The original MS6 failed miserably, the current model was never even offered as such. And they still barely sell. No way there will be a MS model sadly.

Im looking forward to actually seeing the car instead of all these silly teaser shots, but I think its safe to say that like the current version, it will be more stylish, maybe too stylish and therefore fail miserably in the marketplace as buyers of cars like these tend to prefer cars that look an old mans fart and come in multiple shades of 80s Frigidaire beige.
    M
    Love all, trust a few, do harm to none....William Shakespeare

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,521 Times in 4,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muti007 View Post
    ................... cars that look an old mans fart and come in multiple shades of 80s Frigidaire beige.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone SM16RMSM's Avatar
    Drives
    VR 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
    Thanks Given
    The design is somewhat neat. But I was talking to a few people who work at the Mazda dealership where I bought my MSM and they say that suspect the new Mazda 6 will end up being Mazda's flagship model vehicle. They are looking into making it better with SKYACTIVE Technology and adding more features that would be options on other manufactures.