Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concealer404's Triple D (Disgusting Daily Driver)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power maharaj's Avatar
    Drives
    angry
    Thanks Given
    Any updated pics? It's been a month and looks like you've put a lot of work into this car.

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone concealer404's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Mazda MXSex GT Tarbo - faster than what you've got.
    Thanks Given
    Actually... i finally put the FD wheels and the new tires on it last night, strangely enough.

Pics to follow! Didn't get done until almost midnite, had to get home.

Also bought a Mach 1 Mustang front lip to fit to the Erebuni bumper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Got some Mustang parts!!!!

Last edited by concealer404; 09-05-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    One thing I’ve noticed over the years is that if you drive into London at 6am, half of the cars on the roads are Porsches and Astons. Whereas if you go in at ten to nine, they’re all Renaults. Simple solution, then. You want a nice car? Get up earlier and do more work.

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift I<3flippyheadlights's Avatar
    Drives
    1990 Spirited Green Miata!
    Thanks Given
    I don't care what you think about this car, its awesome.
    1990 Miata, she was red but now she is Spirit Green!

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....d-a-love-story <--- build thread!

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Ehhh... it's cheap as hell, fast as hell, handles decently, has great brakes, and has some of the best factory seats i've ever sat in. I like it, overall, i just don't LOVE it like i love my Celica.

That said, it's been awesome driving it the last couple days after it sat for 2 months while i was sorting out other shit. Felt like a favorite pair of slippers.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Overall a great car. Makes me want one

Also check out the facebook page http://www.facebook.com/IHeartFlippyHeadlights !!! Its a facebook page dedicated to the awesomeness which is flippyheadlights! Not me, but the actual headlights! High time someone noticed how awesome these things are; check it out!

Idling - Listen to it purr... uni's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    at first i was like ew, then it had me wanting one at the end lol

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3flippyheadlights View Post
    Overall a great car. Makes me want one
    I guess it really is a great car. I think i'd like to have a minty one, but then i'm not sure if it'd be as fun to mess with. I can pretty much do anything with this particular one and not give a damn what happens. A nice one, i'd care more about, and i like not caring much about my daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by uni View Post
    at first i was like ew, then it had me wanting one at the end lol
    LOL!!!! Yeah... the first pics of it, it's not particularly attractive.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I feel that if I get to the point where my Miata can't be a DD anymore, I would want a "shitbox" of a car so I can mess with it. It makes you love the car you care about so much more.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Well..... Yep.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Swank Force One? That's awesome. I think you are liking this car more than all your others!

Drives
    Thanks Given
    That was the Grassroots Motorsports $2012 Challenge in Gainesville.

Finished 23rd out of 36, but the car had a Top Ten finish overall in it. I didn't know it until it was too late, but my turbo had been falling off most of the autocross day, which was explaining the weird spool up, which was part of why it was impossible to drive. (Pro driver took out the Timing Box and DNF'd his second run in the car, and then refused to take his third run.) I was told that the car had a 40-41 second run in it if the stars aligned properly. (FTD was 38.6... in a Jeep Cherokee, no joke.) The car had tons of grip, great turn-in, was very stable... until you tried to brake or hammer the gas at the same time you turned the wheel.

Then the drags... i made about 3 passes trying to figure out why i wasn't building more than 12psi of boost, cranking the boost controller and getting nothing. (But still trapping 100mph.)

Turns out my turbo had damn near fallen off, and there was a 1/3" gap between the manifold and turbo all around. The fact that it was still building 12psi just tells me that the F2T has insane exhaust velocity. Fixed it with 20 minutes left to go, although the gasket was pretty screwed at that point. Only had time to dial in boost back to 17psi, ended up with a 14.2 @ 105mph. For reference, the track sucked, it was balls hot, and that was the same trap speed as the MK1.5 MR2 that ran a 13.02.

At the time, i thought that if i had another 30 minutes, i could have gotten another second or so out of it, but turns out later that night that my clutch was dead, so that's that.

I put 2500 miles on it from Wednesday to Sunday, it never really skipped a beat, and got 37mpg combined through the whole trip including the weekend of beating the shit out of it.

I'm gonna Top Five this car next year. Currently shopping for clutch, LSD, and will run real tires on it next year. 11s or bust.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Oh shit, we had a local Miata member at that last weekend! I can't believe that thing held up so well through the beatings. Really surprised a jeep won at autocross

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12