Thread: NA Konis

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given

NA Konis

Quick question - I'm probably going to put Konis on my 91, however I've read that you need to drill out part of the mount. Does this make it so you can't use any other shock in the future? What issues does it create with the use of coilovers, should I decide to switch? (Or is it better to just go with Ground Controls on the Konis?)
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch sdemo45's Avatar
    Drives
    1995 Red Miata
    Thanks Given
    Koni shaft diameter is 12mm vs the stock 10mm, so the center hole on the tophat needs to be drilled out.

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power Blueiii's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Red (aka "Camber")
    Thanks Given
    Ah, so if I decide to run something different its as simple as picking up a different tophat. Gotcha'. Thanks!
    2012: Purchased Miata, Laid off 3 days later. 4th place overall (default!), NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2013: Budget RTR build, massive increase in participation, 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA (RTR)
    2014: Suspension and more active competition in STS. 3rd place overall, NWOR SCCA
    2015: Time for some "form" and vintage styling (while still racing NWOR, of course).

Check out my Miata Journal: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....-miata-journal