Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I love my Miata, but...

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power iRoadster's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    You do mean the 1969-70 302's right, and not the 2012 remake?

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! The Driver's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 Montego Blue Leather Package + 5 Speed = Torsen II
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by iRoadster View Post
    You do mean the 1969-70 302's right, and not the 2012 remake?
    The later, not the former... Except that I'd be buying a late prod 2012 or an 2013, and bolt a 500KR tranny on it, just for safety.

Why?
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power iRoadster's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    I was wondering how you were going to find an old one for around $30k. Them shits is expensive.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by iRoadster View Post
    I was wondering how you were going to find an old one for around $30k. Them shits is expensive.
    Yeah, they do look nice. They are also slower than a Fox 5.0, not interested.
    96 Montego, replacing a 95M... I miss: My running peeps in Tampa, running barefoot @ Clearwater Beach and First Choice BBQ, in Brandon. In So Cal I miss: The Malibu Canyons, CA 33 and In & Out Burgers ! I'm from Tampa, if I was from Tampa Bay, I'd be a fish!

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! afc2112's Avatar
    Drives
    Red 1991
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Not a wrench head. Call it part of my ADHD or that I'm nuts; but besides getting out of OK, I'm moving to Denver for skiing, rock climbing/bouldering and improve my running. Nothing like trail running in high altitude to get in AMAZING shape FAST. There are three reasons why I don't autocross/track my car: 1) Weekends are where long training runs/races/skiing/climbing is done. 2) The cost would not let me run races or buy/rent climbing/skiing gear 3) Time. Not a trust fund dude, so I have to work!

Again, Miata is not the ONLY answer in performance. If I can get a bargain in a well sorted out V8/turbo Miata, heck yeah I'll right a check. But as of now and the foreseeable future, I don't see it.

BTW, I know that emissions is not a problem in FL, but it is one in CO.
    I totally get where you're at.

I'm not a big wrencher either and I won't apologize for having hobbies outside of cars.

BTW, when you get that 400 hp monster. Take it up to Pike's Peak. I hear it's a cool drive.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by afc2112 View Post
    I totally get where you're at.

I'm not a big wrencher either and I won't apologize for having hobbies outside of cars.

BTW, when you get that 400 hp monster. Take it up to Pike's Peak. I hear it's a cool drive.

Renaissance men get a hard time in this modern times...

Idling - Listen to it purr...
    Drives
    1999 Highlight Silver Metallic Miata
    Thanks Given
    Why are you fixed on a C6 ZO6? The best bang for the buck is a C5 ZO6, and many, many people prefer the C5 version to the C6 version for overall feel. The C6 has better numbers, but the C5 is a bucket more fun to drive. Folks in my local Vette club are lamenting trading in their C5's for the C6s...every time we get together, they all have to sit in mine and regret getting rid of theirs.

I got my '02 ZO6 for $21,000.00 and it was a $75,000.00 car new. Third owner and it had 65,000 miles on it. It is actualy worth more now than two years ago. The thing is scarey fast and handles amazing, once you learn how to drive it. It is the second lightest Vette ever made to that point with 405 factory HP. It gets 25-27 on the highway as it has two overdrive gears and is relaible as all get out. I won't say on a public forum how fast it easily goes for a long distance.

That said, my Miata is back to being just a fun car and without trying to build it into something it wasn't supposed to be powerwise, it is an even more enjoyable ride.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    I like the way the C5Z06 looks, but every time I see a yellow/orange C6Z06, my heart skips a beat. When the time comes it will either be a BOSS or a Z06, whichever deal gets to be better. Vette's have a HUGE insurance advantage, and that alone may make a tie breaker!

Drives
    '99 Brilliant Black Turbo
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 698 Posts
    I'd go for the Z06, I'd take a C5 or C6 though, they're both good looking and it's too easy to make either a lot faster if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatmiata View Post
    you cannot even a drive a 250hp NA safely in the rain.
    I still don't understand statements like these, why not? My NA had that much if not just a bit more power at the wheels and it drove in the rain the same way my n/a NB does now. Proper throttle control with a turbo is key, but it's just like driving any other car, especially those with more power.
    Last edited by RotorNutFD3S; 10-25-2012 at 09:44 AM.
    I've got a lot less horsepower - luckily they are Japanese horses - usually in better shape and more motivated.

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Kuane's Avatar
    Thanks Given

Re: I love my Miata, but...

So just get one. I don't see what the problem is.

JonB sucks at KINOD threads.

Drives
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuane View Post
    So just get one. I don't see what the problem is.
    I will, I just wanted to express it in writing. I most certainly didn't expect all this to come out of it...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234