Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Hoodedreeper's Mk1 The Purple Monster

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power hoodedreeper's Avatar
    Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Made some new Canards,this time out of 2mm aluminium and 2mm steel for the brackets (previous ones were 0.8 aluminium for both). Made them abit bigger too,now i need to re-do the splitter and make that bigger too haha

Had a change around with the hard top screen and purchased some slap stickers. Either the stickers are bigger than i thought or the screen is alot smaller than i thought,or both lol

I got my friend Jack from J's Garage to fabricate a new exhaust,as the previous one was hidden and looked crap with the diffuser

And a short video,its quite echoey,will sort out a better video at a later date

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

etikoner (03-22-2016),Greasemonkey2000 (08-03-2016),Phatmiata (03-29-2016)

5,000 rpm - there be torque here! Greasemonkey2000's Avatar
    Drives
    2001 NB2 aka Misfire
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,233 Posts
    The exhaust looks fantastic!
    '01 NB2 aka MisF1re: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....218#post207218
    '97 M aka Warbird, gone but not forgotten: http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread....B&goto=newpost
    Instagram: @greasemonkey2000

1,000 rpm - releasing the clutch smy0003's Avatar
    Drives
    Gregory
    Thanks Given
    Wow, exhaust is a piece of art!

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    As of late i haven't been washing the car as often as i'd like to. So took the opportunity to give it a once over and get some recent photos

I stupidly reversed into a curb and bent the diffuser. Next job is to remove it and cut the middle fins down to prevent it happening again

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

JamieH (04-25-2016),Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! Dave737's Avatar
    Drives
    '91 Miata
    Thanks Given
    Time for a back up camera.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dave737 For This Useful Post:

Demon I Am (03-29-2016)

Admin / Pit Boss / Miataholic Phatmiata's Avatar
    Drives
    Kirin the '93LE Roadster #1073
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 9,518 Times in 4,641 Posts
    wow so nice, and ditto on that exhaust, looks killer!!! They should put those into production!

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    A couple of months ago i got chatting to YasidDesign about an illustration of the MX5. I wanted something touge related to take the car back to its roots,but with its current appearance.

Finally got round to shortening the centre fins on the diffuser,haven't hit anything since haha

Recently got the car all cleaned up ready for the MX5 Spring Rally at Wentworth House. A big thank you to Stuart at Auto-Genie for the valet work the day before,its a shame the poor weather spoilt the day,but Stuart still did an amazing job inbetween the rain/hail showers!

Met up with some crazy northerners before heading to the Rally,perfect excuse for some photos

Sadly didn't come home with a trophey,but i don't blame the judges for choosing the Pitcrew and Italia,both cars are works of art and well deserved winners! I know what i need to improve on (annoyingly i knew they were there but couldnt get it all sorted in time due to lack of money) so i'll hopefully be back for the National Rally or the Spring Rally next year.

The car received a big welcome,alot of people seemed to have liked it and was great to speak to so many like minded people

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (06-01-2016),HarryB (04-26-2016),JamieH (04-25-2016),Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    It doesn't sound like a massive job (or exciting) but i've fitted Electric Windows. The headache was trying to wire up the Mk2.5 switch to the Mk1 loom. With the help from Mazda-Menders,i got it sorted and with a Mk2 switch it works as it should.

My latest purchase was some LED Garage Vary lights from Rev9. Very easy install although i need to sort out the hyperblinking (my fault,i've connected the resistor incorrect)

Also fitted some 6000k LED Number Plate and Reverse bulbs (also got the reverse light working again). I was struggling on ideas on what to do for the rear fog light,so i switched the wiring on the bootlid,and the 3rd brake light is now the Fog light.

Another purchase was some Tyre Stencils. After searching about for a decent paint that is long lasting,i settled for some Rubber Tyre Letters made by Tred Wear

Extremely to fit,degrease the area,key the surface with course sand paper,clean tyre and glue the letters on

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

HarryB (05-06-2016),JamieH (05-07-2016),Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Oops forgot the video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlk0ncBTF5g

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    With the Electric Window conversion done and dusted i ordered some Stainless Switches from Jass Performance

A few weeks ago I met up with a friend who owns a local Media Company (BN Media). They've just bought some new equipment that allows them to record in 4K,so they invited me along to do a day's worth of filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBJhfkL1Ock

Every year i look forward to attending one of the UK's largest car shows Modified Nationals. I thought i'd try my luck with the Show & Shine this year,and i got chosen to be in the Top 16 inside the Exibition Hall (its a pretty big deal getting in here as competition is extremely tight).

With the car in place it was show time! Surrounded by the country's best modified cars,it was very daunting having the MX sitting there,especially as she's wearing a few battle scars.

Sadly i didn't win anything,which i knew was expected,but just having the experience of being there means alot.

I've already got more plans for the car,even though this House Saving is supposed to be starting. Luckily the other half is encouraging it (for now) so we shall see. Possibly big changes are in the pipeline....

My photos from the show can be found over at Chris Baker Photography - Modified Nationals 2016

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

JamieH (06-02-2016),Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Package from Garagestar

In May my AEM wideband failed (gauge was stuck on 14.7) Got the car on the ramps and found out the plug had melted along with part of the loom. Fitted a new sensor and loom,but the gauge was reading leaner than normal. After trying a different gauge and taking the charger off to check for Manifold leaks,i was left scratching my head with no clue.

The car started to spit flames rather well (alot more than normal) after the exhaust started to blow from the front. I got the car booked in with Clive at Autotronix Developments for him to have a look. Clive diagnosed the blow was the flexi on the Fujitsubo manifold and welded in a straight piece. While it was on the ramp he checked the fuel filter,it still had japanese writing,so i'm gonna take a guess and say that hasn't been changed in a LONG time. With some tweaks on the dyno and on the road the car was back to showing 12.4 AFR on WOT and runs awesome now.

Finally got round to tilting the diffuser up with the help from a friend

Sunday 10th July was Japshow at Santa Pod,i was invited along to be apart of the Fitment Junkies club stand. An awesome day despite the odd rain shower through out the day.

We left early to beat the traffic,got 10mins out and stopped for fuel,where i discovered a flat tyre Theres a first time for everything! With the boot filled with cleaning and camera equipment,i didn't have a spare. Ended up waiting 3hrs for my Dad to come deliver a pair of Rota RKRs so i could get home.

Moral of the story,carry a space saver....or get Recovery through the Bank/Insurance company

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Greasemonkey2000 (07-14-2016),JamieH (07-14-2016),Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    I happen to be browsing through eBay looking at parts and came across a listing for an MX5. Price was pretty good,but it needed some TLC,myself and the other half had talked about getting a joint project for awhile but it never really happened. I contacted the seller and arranged to view the car etc etc managed to knock him down on the price and got it trailored home last night.

Its a 1990 1.6 Import,cambelt and waterpump done approx 20k miles ago. Panels are pretty straight but the paint work has seen better days.

Its got a seized driver side rear caliper which i'm in the middle of sorting. Only other concern is the driver side rear arch has started to corrode quite badly (you'll see in the photos below).

No real plans for this except tidy it up and get it MOT'd and on the road

Will add updates to this topic as there probably wont be that many compared to the Purple MX5

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift JamieH's Avatar
    Drives
    Black & Tan '97 - Betty
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,021 Times in 1,162 Posts
    Love this build. Always wanted a purple car, and this one is one of the coolest, if not THE coolest, purple Miatas.

Drives
    '92 Purple Supercharged
    Thanks Given
    Its been a busy few weeks with the new Silver project...

New Caliper
    New Rear Brake Pads
    New Handbrake cable
    HIDs removed
    Horn wired up
    All broken interior trim replaced

While i was tidying up the wiring under the steering column (its got a black box with a loom attached,but most of the loom is bunched up and not connected) I caught the accelerator pedal and it happened to move alot more than usual.

It was cracked all the way along the plate,and only held on by the bend on the left (i snapped it off for ease of removal). What a ball ache that was to change!

While the rear wheel was off having the brakes sorted,i spotted these...

Looks like they haven't moved in a long time,something else to look at sorting

It seems when ever i 'browse' eBay i end up spending money. Found a listing for some 'Mazda MX5 Mk1 Alloys',they had 4 bids at £102 ($136). Looking closer at the photos,the stamp in the centre was very distinguishable. I ended up winning them for £118 ($157)!

RS Watanabe 14x6 ET? (i'm guessing either 35 or 40) with 185/60 tyres (will need replacing)

Yesterday (Monday 1st August) i took it for its MOT (yearly inspection for those over seas) and she passed with a couple of advisories

Let the fun begin!

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoodedreeper For This Useful Post:

Dave737 (08-03-2016),HarryB (08-02-2016),Phatmiata (05-13-2017)

4,000 rpm - entering the fun zone wannafbody's Avatar
    Thanks Given
    Adding flares to the silver car?

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 589101112131415161718192021 LastLast