Can you expand on that?

6,000 rpm - mere mortals would shift HarryB's Avatar
    Drives
    '04 Strato Blue NB2
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calparts View Post
    Can you expand on that?
    Sure! It is not bad by any means, but I would do things a tad different. Also everything is based on an educated guess by studying a couple of pics, so not 100% certain, but this is what I would change.

Front bumper opening seems unnecessarily large, inducing drag that could be avoided. Stacked canards on the sides are a bad idea; they are too close together and one right above the other. The suction generated by the lower side of the upper one is counteracted by the positive pressure generated on the top surface of the bottom one, essentially cancelling each other. Rear wing endplates seem a bit on the small side. Rear wing seems to mount on the trunk lid, which I am sure it deflects under load (if not, the wing is not producing enough downforce). Rear wing stays could pass through the lid a bit more forward and could be swan-neck style to increase wing efficiency. Also, rear wing seems too far back with respect to the car. That's a good thing (clean airflow) but it induces a moment around the rear tire contact patch lifting the nose. Eyeballing it, it would need a larger front splitter/more front aero, but I assume balance is good that way (which actually supports my comment on the rear wing not producing enough downforce).

I hope this did not came out too harsh, just a constructive criticism on my part. Do you know if the car has any sort of flat floor? Could not spot anything.