Thread: My 1996 BRG NA8C Build Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    2,000 rpm - light wheelspin, no bog here! 91BRG's Avatar
    Drives
    91BRG
    Thanks Given
    You're wasting no time in modding Steve Keep this up, and you'll have more mods than me in a year!

The Zoom fuel lid - make sure you keep it nice and shiny, it is a high maintenance item.

About the plates you asked me before, I just went out and measured it, 32cm x 13cm, in custom yellow style. I think you got the choice right with black/white, but I also think the Euro black style plates look really good if you are willing to spend it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 91BRG For This Useful Post:

BRGNA8 (01-04-2016)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BRGNA8's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 NA8C MX-5
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 91BRG View Post
    You're wasting no time in modding Steve Keep this up, and you'll have more mods than me in a year!

The Zoom fuel lid - make sure you keep it nice and shiny, it is a high maintenance item.

About the plates you asked me before, I just went out and measured it, 32cm x 13cm, in custom yellow style. I think you got the choice right with black/white, but I also think the Euro black style plates look really good if you are willing to spend it.
    Thanks Dan for the measurements re: the plates! I think the number combination (2 numbers, 3 letters) in the plate style you chose suits the rear garnish of the NA6 more than my NA8 as I realised that mine is a bit slimmer. Therefore, I still went with the Black back and White letters, but decided to get the slim plates.

ETA : 3 weeks
    Last edited by BRGNA8; 07-07-2017 at 12:51 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BRGNA8 For This Useful Post:

91BRG (01-05-2016)

3,000 rpm - starting to feel the power BRGNA8's Avatar
    Drives
    1996 NA8C MX-5
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,413 Times in 378 Posts
    ENGINE & TRANSMISSION

SUSPENSION & HANDLING
    - GarageStar Delrin Door Mounts

WHEELS, BRAKES & TYRES

EXTERIOR
    - ZOOM Engineering Retro Fuel Lid

INTERIOR
    - JASS Performance Sun Visor Plugs

MAINTENANCE/OEM REPLACEMENT/MISC
    - OEM Rubber Pedal Replacement
    - Philips 4300K Crystal Vision with Parkers

05/01/2016

GarageStar Delrin Door Mounts
    Received these in the mail the other day and decided to mount them. It was a very simple install, only requiring a 10mm socket and a philips head screwdriver. Revlimiter has done a pretty nice review on these items here

Factory Mount (which still looked very very good) :

Once removed, there was some gunk and residue :

Decided to clean it up with some cleaner and degreaser before installing the Delrin Door Mounts

Installed!

Have yet to drive the car with these on due to Sydney having some really shocking weather (rain) lately (isn't it meant to be summer?!). These did require a bit of careful playing around and as mentioned on Revlimiters review, the door should not be any harder to close with these mounts in. My driver side screws were loose when I was taking them off. Passenger side was okay. I made sure to tighten them and being careful not to over-tighten.

Philips 4300K Crystal Vision with Parkers
    Purchased some bright white Philips headlight bulbs to replace the dull yellow from the headlamps and parker lights. Freshens up the front a little bit at night and emits a very nice white light. The bulbs come with matching white parker lights so decided to change them all.

Yellow parker light

Comparison of Philips Crystal Visions VS OEM

Last edited by BRGNA8; 07-07-2017 at 12:50 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BRGNA8 For This Useful Post:

91BRG (01-05-2016),Greasemonkey2000 (01-04-2016),HarryB (01-05-2016),Phatmiata (01-04-2016)