PDA

View Full Version : Answered 'Reply to Thread' button

Adam
01-12-2012, 10:12 PM
When I scroll to the bottom of a page and hit the reply to thread button it doesn't redirect me to another page, it auto-scrolls me to the quick reply. Is this right? It seems wrong and I'm on a Droid X, not a desktop.

MiataLife
01-12-2012, 10:14 PM
same for me (im on my laptop)

would be great to take you to the advanced post page. (The quick reply section is only a few pixels away)

phillyb
01-12-2012, 10:20 PM
agreed. but it does indeed work for the multi function.
next time post this in the feedback section (http://mazdaroadster.net/forumdisplay.php?8-FEEDBACK-•-Issues-Complaints-amp-Suggestions) though.

Agent☣Orange
01-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Moving to Feedback section for review.

MazRoadAdmin
01-12-2012, 10:28 PM
I didn't write this software, but I do understand why they did some of the things they did. There's a reason for this.

Most people reply with a simple text post, such as what I'm doing right now. Making the "reply" button drop you to the quick reply box that's already on your screen requires one less page load. When considered over all the threads and all the replies on any given day, this can make a significant difference in server load (which you'll see as improved performance) and bandwidth (which your site owner will see in his hosting bill).

If you want a one-click solution to get to the full editor, scroll down and click "go advanced", it'll take you there.

Adam
01-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Gotcha. Thanks phillyb, I didn't scroll past the sponsors as they're last on CR.