PDA

View Full Version : What's the story behind mazdaroadster.net?

Cermivelli
09-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Been wondering about this for a while. This forum is obviously different than other miata forums, being "just right" But how did it come to be? What is The story of mazdaroadster.net? (If this has been answered somewhere else, sorry for this thread!)

tsingson
09-08-2014, 12:49 PM
I will let Phat take this one. He would be the best to answer this.

WASABI
09-08-2014, 01:17 PM
Yes, Randy (Phatmiata) will provide the best answer as to how we came to be, however, the site "is" what it "is", because everyone believes in keeping MazdaRoadster a good site. We can't do it without awesome members & staff.

Hammerhead
09-08-2014, 01:20 PM
I already know how it came to be. :bow:

Agent☣Orange
09-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Phatmiata had a small part in it too.

kung fu jesus
09-08-2014, 02:02 PM
It came about as a result of the rapid disintegration of Club Roadster's integrity or 'program' shift, if you will.

psulja
09-08-2014, 02:10 PM
Yes, Randy (Phatmiata) will provide the best answer as to how we came to be, however, the site "is" what it "is", because everyone believes in keeping MazdaRoadster a good site. We can't do it without awesome members & staff.

Who?

The Driver
09-08-2014, 03:43 PM

Awesome staff? :dunno:

The Driver
09-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Who?

Some dude...

Cermivelli
09-08-2014, 04:39 PM
Waiting on phat then for The full story! ;)

atank
09-08-2014, 06:13 PM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/1/18/1358516188943/Top-secret-008.jpg

WASABI
09-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Waiting on phat than for The full story! ;)

I remember it starting more like this...

http://youtu.be/vJMC_S-DB2I

Sean5294
09-08-2014, 06:58 PM
someone throw a log on the campfire.

Dandy
09-08-2014, 07:45 PM
just enough to wet your appetite for history . . .

a few bro stories here:
http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?5762-How-did-you-find-MazdaRoadster-net

from the High Muck-E-Muck himself:
http://panjo-marketplace.blogspot.com/2014/09/randy-george-founder-of.html

tsingson
09-08-2014, 09:09 PM
I really think that this site is what we as a community need. We have room for everyone and when I say everyone, I mean everyone. Stock, hard parkers, show, track, Everything. But it isn't just the Randy and the mods that keep this place respectful, lively and informative. Everyone that has made this site home has definitely done their part in keeping this site a great place to be.

Cermivelli
09-09-2014, 01:36 AM
Posted this topic as i left a dutch owners forum yesterday. And it is remarkable how much respect there is to be found here for each others respective opinions and tastes. Something rare in internet communities.
A quote by JamieH from one of The threads Dandy posted which pretty much sums up why i was fed up with that dutch forum, and really love this one:

But, too much bullshit, too much hostility, too much "I'd have done it like this/you're doing it wrong." I don't expect people to treat each other like babies, but come on. At least be as civil as you would be when standing in front others.

So now I'm just dying with curiosity for Randy's story.

Phatmiata
09-09-2014, 07:24 AM
The story as some others have mentioned is Top Secret ...

We created this forum to build a better membership, comprised
of dedicated owners and enthusiasts of the Mazda Miata MX-5.
Those members that wish to be a part of something better, as a
truly helpful community, and not for their own elitist, and self serving ways!

The back story, goes like this ................

http://eale.jp/aucimg/alliance3/patlamp1.gif (Declassified 2014) http://eale.jp/aucimg/alliance3/patlamp1.gif

EPISODE IV

A NEW HOPE
(MazdaRoadster.net)

A long time ago, on a forum very,
very, very, very, far away....

There lived a ruthless race of beings
known as .... the Miata cup holder clan.

The evil leaders of Planet Cup Holder,
having foolishly outcast some of their
precious membership, had devised a
secret plan to take every member
away from the internet and beyond.

The Rebel Miata Owners, striking from a hidden
yahoo user group, had won their first victory
against the evil Cup Holder Empire, by
starting a new forum hidden deep in cyberspace.

During the battle, the Rebel Miata Owner spies
managed to steal secret plans to the Empire's
ultimate weapon, the Epic Cup Holder, an
enormous cup holder with enough room to
drink the entire water supply from a single planet!

Pursued by the Empire's sinister agents,
Phatmiata raced home in his HyperREV inspired
Mazda Roadster, he was the only custodian
of the stolen plans that could save his fellow
Rebel Miata Owners and restore
freedom to cyberspace...

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sw018.gif

If you can read this, you
don't need glasses.

Copyright (C) 2014 MazdaRoadster.net All Rights Reserved.

P.S. This is one of the best quotes in this thread..........

....... the site "is" what it "is", because everyone believes in keeping MazdaRoadster a good site. We can't do it without awesome members & staff.

Hammerhead
09-09-2014, 09:37 AM
I think you guys are all building your cars wrong. I would have done it differently than all of you. Your cars suck. Mine is the best.

OK - I'm kidding. I love you guys, I love my cars and I love this site.

Cermivelli
09-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Great story phat! Can't wait for episode V, VI, I, II and III :popcorn:

tsingson
09-09-2014, 11:53 AM
Told you Randy's version would be the best.....

Cermivelli
09-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Haha, yup

The Driver
09-09-2014, 01:57 PM

Episode I, has Jar-Jar Binks in it...

Cermivelli
09-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Even in Randy's version? He wouldn't let that happen now, would he?

Phatmiata
09-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Sorry no Jar Jar Binks here

Hyper
09-09-2014, 04:48 PM

Episode VI is all about the Quest for the Holy Grail, lol

All I have to say is that there is a new generation of Mazda owners that contradicts with another generation of Mazda owners that contradicts with an older generation of Mazda owners, and on and on and on. Each website has it's own empire that consists of its loyal members and followers. You are welcome to stay in this site because this is the coolest one of all where all the Master Miata Jedi hang out in peace and harmony, that's all.

Phatmiata
09-09-2014, 05:02 PM
I just got done fighting with some sand people on that other forum, ain't nobody got time for that!

On my way to meet up with Obi wan kenobi at the local Miata meet........... bbl ...

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5583/15006549237_d69354db57_b.jpg

kung fu jesus
09-09-2014, 05:36 PM

Awesome staff? :dunno:

Let me tell you all how our 'Staff Meetings' go...

Phat brings donuts, which is probably the only way to get us all together, the lure of free food.

AO has difficulty keeping his hands to himself. Rotornut always smells like 2 cycle gas mix. Tsingson has stains on his shirt from his Philly sammy 'habit'. Psulja, no one *really* knows what he looks like without his touk. Martin smells like fiberglass and Walmart on a hot summer day. Wasabi mumbles a lot. Driver is always playing with knives. I bring the 'pants optional' flavor. Atank brings coffee, Maharaj brings flavored creamers. Bryan does yoga. MazdaRoadsterAdmin steals the donuts.

Nobody takes notes.

The Driver
09-09-2014, 05:56 PM

Phat brings donuts, which is probably the only way to get us all together, the lure of free food.

AO has difficulty keeping his hands to himself. Rotornut always smells like 2 cycle gas mix. Tsingson has stains on his shirt from his Philly sammy 'habit'. Psulja, no one *really* knows what he looks like without his touk. Martin smells like fiberglass and Walmart on a hot summer day. Wasabi mumbles a lot. Driver is always playing with knives. I bring the 'pants optional' flavor. Atank brings coffee, Maharaj brings flavored creamers. Bryan does yoga. MazdaRoadsterAdmin steals the donuts.

Nobody takes notes.

I once helped Loren with the donuts... I still have the scars...

And no one told me that knowing how to write was mandatory...

Agent☣Orange
09-09-2014, 06:11 PM
It was Twinkies, not donuts.

The Driver
09-09-2014, 06:35 PM

You were playing with your twinkie...

Agent☣Orange
09-09-2014, 06:41 PM
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa375/YellowYata/Humor/Faces/IMG_8184_zps79de1b5e.gif

The Driver
09-09-2014, 06:47 PM
^ :fp:

kung fu jesus
09-09-2014, 07:21 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/3696841/jim-carey-gag-o.gif

Phatmiata
09-09-2014, 08:10 PM

Correct it WAS Twinkies, and also correct nobody takes notes!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8354/8268951462_72f6895baf_c.jpg

Martin
09-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Sorry no Jar Jar Binks here

Don't be sorry about that!

Nobody takes notes.

Mmm... fiberglass & Walmart on a hot day.

tsingson
09-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Philly sammiches are the shit. He got it wrong though. No stains on my shirt. That's the design of my shirt.

RotorNutFD3S
09-10-2014, 10:49 AM
What can I say, I like my combustion chambers build-up free.

DK AFFECT
09-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Everybody who got kicked out of mnet, miataturbo, and clubroadster decided to make a website.

tsingson
09-10-2014, 12:29 PM
That's funny, I'm still a member of all three of those forums. I'm even a model citizen over there. Not trying to start any trouble. Following the rules that are laid out. I don't even talk shit from behind my computer. Exception to the rule?

atank
09-10-2014, 12:50 PM
^^Me too...................oh yeah--> http://saltandstraw.com/images/products/coffee-bourbonTitle.png

The Driver
09-10-2014, 01:02 PM
That's funny, I'm still a member of all three of those forums. I'm even a model citizen over there. Not trying to start any trouble. Following the rules that are laid out. I don't even talk shit from behind my computer. Exception to the rule?

No, I'm still @ M.Net. I did kick myself out of CR...

tsingson
09-10-2014, 01:05 PM
That's what I was thinking. Nobody got kicked out of the other sites.

kung fu jesus
09-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Everybody who got kicked out of mnet, miataturbo, and clubroadster decided to make a website.

Is that why you're here?

RotorNutFD3S
09-10-2014, 01:12 PM
Weird, I don't remember getting kicked off any other Miata forums...

brontosaurus
09-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Posting pages and pages of dismembered bodies will do that.

WASABI
09-10-2014, 07:38 PM

Never got kicked out out of anywhere (not even a ban)... but, at MazdaRoadster, we have a chance to make a site that is fresh and respectable place for everyone.

fwdtamiya
09-10-2014, 08:10 PM
This place is not Australia, unfortunately. Dem girls :winky:

I've only ever been temp. banned from one website. I headed over here as soon as I could and am very happy with how the site is. Anyway, member history doesn't matter as long as they are polite on this forum. Here's to many more years and members. :drinkto:

ScratchNSniff
09-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Posting pages and pages of dismembered bodies will do that.

Reposting the Screen shots wondering why they were put up for my "children" to see is what I kept doing...hehe...same thing with when PhillyB and the Mazdaspeedforums guys kept spam bombing Mazdas247 late at night...I still have pics of PhillyB's cock...I send them to him occasionally for the lolz...

247 is the only forum I have been banned from...although I did end up getting back on after a 3 year vacation...