PDA

View Full Version : Golden Stallion's E39

Golden Stallion
09-13-2014, 01:56 AM
What's up MR. It's been a while since I have posted about what a drive. My parents gave me my dad's old(imo best 5er) e39 528i.

A little background about bimmers. I loved(and still do) bimmers as a kid since my uncle used to own an e39 and love almost everyone from the e46 and before. I will also say that i would have never gotten an miata in the first place if my dads car was a manual(as some of you might know, i love my sticks:mrgreen: ).

Here she is folks. 2000 528i with 160k on the clock with about 120k on the engine. My brother had it one week before my parents took away for a very good reason. So my dad has driven the car since 2009. The biggest reason as why I'm not posting about a new miata is my parents literally just spent 2700 on repairs and have spent to much money in this car to just sale so I'm driving it until my little sister gets her licenses.
12550(picture seems to be sideways for some reason and original picture is upright)
My plans for this car aren't going to be mind blowing but my goals are to make it more pleasant and anything aftermarket to be used so if i decide to not get a manual 540i down the road, i wont be out of much money. This car hasn't been babied but hasn't been abused and not on the strictest maintenance but always go the BMW dealership whenever work gets done(I am sure my dad doesn't know the oil or it's weight inside it right now)

I have just practically stolen an e39 m sport steering wheel(lets just say i bought with airbag and wheel for less than the just the airbag on ebay). I also have some headlights coming in the mail as mine have a leak and my parents wanted new ones for better visibility. Should be installing both tomorrow as my headlights are coming on the mail tomorrow and i don't have a torque wrench so I'm off to my friends to install the wheel.

I understand this probably not the most exciting car or build thread but thought a couple people might enjoy this if they are like me and like any car as long as they put their own work into and really just like the miata community here better than the BMW crowd:fab:

also, the miata is still sitting, waiting to see what i might do with it. I have been thinking about just making it a fun weekend toy if it is possible to insure. I haven't looked into it but it is an idea...should probably update that thread