PDA

View Full Version : Remanufactured Brake

Bombers1970
09-18-2014, 06:03 PM
Want to get reman calipers for my99 Miata. Thought about rebuilds but all 4 calipers are rusty with pitted cylinder walls. Looked at various sites for them. Question is do the rear reman calipers come with all the E-brake adjustment parts. The cylindrical adjuster pieces with the allen head at one end and the splines at the other are completely chewed up. What brand of remans do you recommend? Thanks George

WASABI
09-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Hi George, call a couple local auto parts stores. I found re-manufactured rear calipers at AutoZone. They are complete, and came pre-filled. Everything was included. Note, there will be an additional core charge ($20.00 or so) on top of the calipers. Once you bring back you old calipers, and get the money back.

Bombers1970
09-21-2014, 06:20 AM
Well, bit the bullet and got 4 reman. calipers. Got the rear Parking brake adj straightened out. Adj the P/B up front. And after several hours success. Got parts at NAPA. A little more$ than AZ or Advance. Core charge a whole bunch!! But in the past I've had good luck with NAPA parts

WASABI
09-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Nice job! Do you know the proper way to adjust your parking brake? Also, make sure you grease your slider pins.

Slampen
09-21-2014, 03:59 PM
Nice job! Do you know the proper way to adjust your parking brake? Also, make sure you grease your slider pins.
Thougth they where self augusting.

:-)