PDA

View Full Version : Help me finish my drivetrain swap

psulja
10-01-2014, 12:22 AM
I'm looking for somebody that is willing to ship a diff for me. This includes going to pick up a diff and drop it off at greyhound or UPS.

Basically the back story is I've been searching for a clutch type TurboII RX7 diff to finish up my drivetrain swap but every time I have found one the seller isn't willing to ship or takes months to get a shipping quote and then never actually ships the diff out to me. I've been through this 4 times since May.

I would send you money to cover shipping, the diff, and your time and gas.

Post here or message me if you're willing to help me out and I'll start searching for diffs in your area. Or if you know of a tii diff let me know. I was supposed to have one a few months ago and now my car is sitting at GleaseManufacturing where the swap is happening with no diff to swap.

psulja
10-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Nobody eh?

Hyper
10-04-2014, 07:29 AM
I had one of those and sold to member Speedworks with 3.63 gears on it. Would you consider buying my steel bearing caps? They are in the classified ads.

EDIT: I can visit a local yunkyard, there are plenty in Miami to hunt for a Gen II RX7 diff. How much are you willing to pay for one of these? Considering i have to find one, and the all the time and labor necessary for removal from the car including boxing for shipping of these parts?

Also did you know the RX7 rear cover is way bieffier than the Miata unit? Would you be interested on the cover as well??

psulja
10-04-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm doing the complete tii swap. Complete diff with axles, housing, etc. It's 8" compared to the miata 7".

The diff itself should be worth $250-300. Then $50 shipping and $50-100 for time.

And I'm only interested in a Turbo2 s4 diff since it is the clutch type LSD

Hyper
10-06-2014, 08:30 PM
Most of my friends are into Mazdas. I can get you the TII parts you need but most likely they won't go for those figures. The reason are these guys value TII parts like gold, and they are rare too. Have you tried searching on craigslist/eBay??

psulja
10-07-2014, 05:40 AM
Yes I've been all over Craigslist. And I can tell you $250-300 is completely reasonable for an s4 tii diff.

I've bought one but I'll see if it actually ships to me. Will still be looking for a spare but it won't be a rush.

atank
10-07-2014, 06:38 AM
Checking around the ATL area for you.........................:winky:

psulja
10-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Appreciated!

RotorNutFD3S
10-07-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm not too far from MazMart and they have a lot of RX7 customers, have you checked with them? Paul is a good guy to work with and ships far and wide.

psulja
10-13-2014, 06:22 AM
Wow. Jinxed myself. That diff ended up being an s5 diff rather than an s4. The search continues. FML

CMP
10-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Anthony is on the far north side of Atlanta and Eric is on the south side... if you find something more central I can help out too. I think you have Atlanta and its 'burbs well covered in any case.

Hey Eric, isn't/wasn't Pat (NA6R) selling one of these?

RotorNutFD3S
10-13-2014, 10:24 AM
I don't know, I don't read many of his posts anymore. :lol: