PDA

View Full Version : Karma & Driver's Side Window

Fiddlesticks
10-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Full disclosure: drives me nuts to see convertible tops that are down with the windows up. Just a pet peeve or something. It's against (my) the rules!

Last week I purchased my white '99. Got it home and put the top down and then the windows. Lo and behold the drivers' side won't go all the way down. Now, I'm going to be "that" person with the top down and window up. Well, it finally did go down but slowly.
Since then it's done the same thing a few times, but not consistently and after a few tries it does go all the way down.
Motor going bad? Dirt on the window track? What to check?

ScratchNSniff
10-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Generally it is the motors going out...

Dandy
10-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Probably the motor but it is also a good time to check your window guides. RoadsterTech has you covered there: http://roadstertech.net/Our-Products/Window-Guides/index.php/

WASABI
10-06-2014, 09:36 PM
I'm gonna say, check both of those other suggestions, however, I believe, it's the switches. I know the contacts on my switches had to be cleaned 3 or 4 times a year because of the carbon build up. Since I bought a set of heavy duty switches from RevLimiter.... my windows have been flawless!

tsingson
10-06-2014, 09:42 PM
All great suggestions.

Full disclosure: drives me nuts to see convertible tops that are down with the windows up. Just a pet peeve or something. It's against (my) the rules!

I usually on do that when I am on the freeway.

XMAN
10-14-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm with you. Bug's the crap out of me. I just don't see top down windows up. Smitty