PDA

View Full Version : Price check on my miata?

cabbageroll
10-24-2014, 02:02 AM
Want to make sure I'm not selling too high or too low on my car. Its a 2001 NB2 with 165,000 miles. I bought it from the first owner who had the car since 2k miles. He works in Fremont and travels to San Francisco daily so its mostly highway miles. The interior's only bad is a half inch rip on the side of the driver seat. Other than that its perfect. Recently the top just rip itself to a 3 inch line on top of the passenger. The passenger seat belt does not pull in. That's pretty much it. My first price is 4300 and posting price is 4500. Too high? Any kind of feedback/advice is welcome. The only reason I want to sell it is because I want to buy a m edition.

atank
10-24-2014, 06:59 AM
What maintenance has been done to your Roadster, i.e. timing belt, water pump, hoses, etc. do you have receipts?
I think your price is reasonable.

WASABI
10-24-2014, 07:59 AM
The rip in the driver's seat isn't a big deal, however the 3 inch rip in the soft top is a problem for me. The mileage is also up there. I think you would quickly sell it with a price of $3900.00... that factors in the cost and install of a new top. Good luck with your sale and getting your M Edition!

Phatmiata
10-24-2014, 08:10 AM
Location plays a role too, If in Florida or Cali these cars are plenty, but in some northern states they might bring more money due to lack of selection

where are you located? nothing in your profile

WASABI
10-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Location plays a role too, If in Florida or Cali these cars are plenty, but in some northern states they might bring more money due to lack of selection

where are you located? nothing in your profile

And, if you are in the northern states, not only will you have to contend with possible rust issues, but also, the prices fluctuate wildly with the seasons. Right now (Winter coming) the prices are on their way down. But, early May... you can add another $1000 on your asking price.

cabbageroll
10-24-2014, 02:46 PM
California car no rust. The owner had maintenance done at 160k miles with receipt at the dealership.