PDA

View Full Version : Is this an M1 or an M2 Harddog Rollbar?

ya boy willz
11-08-2014, 07:20 PM
This is one for the roll bar experts out there. A hard dog hard core roll bar popped up for sale near me but I'm not sure whether it's an M1 or an M2 and neither is the seller (I need it to be an M2 because I have an NA with a glass window soft top)

From the searches me and the seller did we think it's an M1 due to the welded in harness bar and not harness tabs. But I also read one thread which said if the rear bars are bent (which they appear to be in the picture of it mounted on his car) it's an M2. So I'm confused and would like some help from the roll bar experts.

Is it an M1 or an M2?

Phatmiata
11-09-2014, 09:11 AM
looks like an M1 as the harness bar would not work with M2. however both bars will fit your NA miata

ya boy willz
11-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the help Phat. Hard Dog and Multiple other sites state that the M1 hard core will not work with glass window soft tops and that's what I have.

Phatmiata
11-10-2014, 02:11 PM
that is correct, M1 Hardcore was designed for the NA Miatas since they came with a plastic rear window. The M2 bar was designed for NB Miatas that had the Glass rear windows. So, if you have a glass rear window you will need the M2 version.

NA = M1 = Mk1
NB = M2 = Mk2
NC = M3 = Mk3