PDA

View Full Version : The Garage Quinn Show

Quinn
11-14-2014, 02:54 PM
So I have had interest from people wanting to see more of what I have going on with my builds down at the shop and I always thought it would be fun to make a car show that is directed at the average car guy. Modifying grassroots cars, racing them, talking about the all time greats, car trends, tech, car debates, etc. Therefore I've decided to start making videos. So far I have 3 episodes recorded and uploaded. Eventually I will have full in-depth reviews for each one of the builds with driving footage and what not, so stay tuned.

Also, I am open to ideas and suggestions, so if there is anything you guys would want to have discussed or see more of, feel free to toss out some ideas!

Brief Introduction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TK-ZmXt1Hk

Talking about running the Lime Rock AxIS series with my NA and NB Miata. Pre-Championship video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B1CzeiJ2_A

Discussing ITB Filter Options:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBD7N9X0FIo

For regular updates on my automotive ventures check out my Instagram:

@gqm_garagequinnmotors

http://www.instagram.com/gqm_garagequinnmotors/

Phatmiata
11-14-2014, 03:46 PM
This is great!! Hope to see more videos soon!!!

Hyper
11-14-2014, 05:20 PM
This is great!! Hope to see more videos soon!!!

yeah very cool. The only questios i have for Quinn are

1. how much does he pay in car insurance???

2. Quinn practically owns have a car for everyday of the week... but which one is his favorite?

3MiataFamily
11-15-2014, 10:27 PM
ok..here we go..

Conditions..brutally cold..and windy...but enthusiastic entrants.

inverse running order for timed runs..which were NOT on the full course...but lower loop only with a switch in the direction of the chicane...which we were not able to practice prior to running it...

it got really cold by the time Quinn ...top dog going in..was able to make his laps...plenty of time to get his tires warm because of the way they had the course laid out...and he really went for it...and did an outstanding job...only to fall just a tad short ...falling to the FORMULA FORD OPEN WHEEL RACE CAR...by less than .2 seconds...

outstanding run accomplished under less than ideal conditions...in a MIATA!!

followed by Ryan King in his Toyota MR Spider turbo

Congratulations to Tom Venturino in the FF...for his victory today

and BTW..all 3 of the top drivers participated in either the Nutmeg club event or the Mass Miata event earlier this year.

Agent☣Orange
11-16-2014, 12:42 AM
I won't be complaining about the cold in Florida anytime soon after this thread.

Quinn
11-17-2014, 01:20 PM
yeah very cool. The only questios i have for Quinn are

1. how much does he pay in car insurance???

2. Quinn practically owns have a car for everyday of the week... but which one is his favorite?

1. 270.00 a month for:

2003 S2000 full coverage 1k ded
1993 RX7 full cov 1k ded
1993 RX7 garage insurance
1999 Miata 100/300k liability
1991 Miata 100/300k liability
2007 Scion TC full cov 1k ded (wife's car)
2007 BMW Z4M Coupe full cov 1k ded
2006 American Hauler Enclosed trailer
1993 Suburban 100/300k liability

2. That's a loaded question. The NB Miata is certainly up there as it is the car I have the most history with and is my strongest expression of a complete, balanced, engaging and enjoyable driving experience. The FD was my dream car for the longest time and is up there too. The S2K hasn't been developed yet so I can't say for sure. The Turbo Miata was my first RWD sports car. The other FD I have is going to be my best build to date with no expense spared and an all motor 20b, basically the big brother to my NB, so we shall see. At the end of the day I love them all for different reasons and have no plans in parting with any of them except for the Suburban when it eventually dies and possibly the BMW some day.

Stayed tuned for in-car footage from the championship and a GQM Garage episode to talk about the event.