PDA

View Full Version : Softop leak around window

DaveNa
12-29-2014, 11:12 AM
I will try to post a picture of where it is leaking so bare with me. When it rains heavily it leaks in only one place and very little but after some time their is water on my seat, door, carpet. It's not leaving puddles or anything, I'm just concerned and need to know if it's only me or is this common with convertibles? I have never owned one before so all this is new to me. Well I just found out I can not share photos through the tapatalk app I am using so I will try to be descriptive, it's leaking where the two seals meet, assuming that's where it folds when you put the top down, it's about two inches from the center, toward the back of the passenger window, I have a few drops on my driver side but it is noticeably worst on my passenger side. Any help would be much appreciated

brontosaurus
12-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Best bet is to gummi-pflege the seals and plump them up a bit. My car had the same issue prior to treatment. You might be able to get away with adjusting them a bit, but I'd just pay up. The stuff works great on exterior plastic bits too.

Rogue
12-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Wipe the seals with a bit of vasaline, been working for me for over 30 years.
OTOH…Roadsters will never be as watertight as a coupe.

DaveNa
12-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Thanks I'll try the Vaseline for sure! Do I apply all over the seals or just the leaky area?

Rogue
12-29-2014, 04:39 PM
I wipe all the seals, with just a bit…..just enough to rehydrate them.

Demon I Am
12-29-2014, 08:05 PM
I've heard automatic transmission fluid does wonders, but have yet to try it