PDA

View Full Version : Strange kind of Roadster sills

Oldekamp
01-08-2015, 03:09 AM
I found these for sale, but I've never seen these ones before. I just have the normal black Roadster inserts..

http://i.imgur.com/sOevk6N.png

Should I buy them? :mrgreen:

Slampen
01-08-2015, 04:06 AM
I prefer the plastic one. They leave less scratches. :)

atank
01-08-2015, 06:26 AM
If the $$ is right I would buy them!

Dandy
01-08-2015, 06:32 AM
It's just a sticker. If the sticker is not in perfect shape I wouldn't see the value.

Revlimiter makes door sill sticker inserts and has been known to customize his other offerings. It might be worth your while to to ask Adam if he could replicate the gold sticker insert.

Phatmiata
01-08-2015, 09:18 AM
The Gold sticker was from one of the limited versions, the main thing to look for is dents as its hard to get those out. You can polish out scratches and replace the stickers

Oldekamp
01-09-2015, 04:00 AM
The Gold sticker was from one of the limited versions, the main thing to look for is dents as its hard to get those out. You can polish out scratches and replace the stickers

I have the 'normal' JDM Roadster sill plates. I do have some scratches though, but I didn't think about polishing them. There are some very thin lines running over them, I don't want to polish those away. Is it possible to polish the sills without those lines dissappearing?

Oldekamp
01-09-2015, 04:59 AM
By the way, I was just trying to get to know if this was something stupidly rare to get into my collection (never seen these inserts before). I wouldn't be interested in replacing the inserts on these. Still contemplating if I should get them. I can get 'em to my door for about 40-45 dollars.

atank
01-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Good price do it!!!

Madaboutmx5s
01-09-2015, 02:48 PM
Yeah they sell in the UK for about that. If memory serves me right from some v-spec models. The ones with the tan leather Jdm import in black or green.