PDA

View Full Version : 200hp 2016 Miata option

MRnewsBot
01-08-2015, 02:21 PM
BBR Teases 2016 Mazda MX-5 Tuning Program, Promises at Least 200HP

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Nu2bMasuMB4/VK1bguDCbRI/AAAAAAAAhTg/_ceN8xt2QZA/s1600/BBR-2016-Mazda-MX-5.jpg

So, it begins; British tuner BBR is working on a raft of visual and performance upgrades for Mazda's all-new 2016 MX-5 roadster.

"A program of detailed performance enhancements has already commenced at our Brackley base, thanks to our investment in a 2.0-litre Skyactiv powered Mazda 3" explained BBR’s Neil Mckay.

"Our objective with the all-new MX-5 is to achieve the same 200bhp output that we can easily enjoy with simple bolt-on components on the current 2.0-litre NC model, before building on further power upgrades using forced induction," he added.

McKay said that BBR has already viewed a pre-production version of the roadster and is exploring its options for a series of visual enhancements.

"Our current customer base requests subtle bodywork alterations, so we are also working hard on these over the coming months," he said. "We will be revealing more in spring 2015."

For now, BBR shared a teaser rendering of a silver 2016 MX-5 fitted with a few upgrade parts such as a front apron, side skirts, boot lid spoiler, and bigger exhaust tips.

fwdtamiya
01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Wow, that doesn't look bad. Except for the unpainted spoiler. BBR appears to be going somewhere better since the ugly NA and Rota equipped NC. Hopefully "bigger exhaust tips" actually means the exhaust is bigger as a whole, not that it's a big deal to me, since they're in the UK.

Agent☣Orange
01-11-2015, 07:48 PM
I know it's probably rocket science but yeah, people have been saying the Miata is underpowered for the past two decades. Don't know how Mazda can build a Speed3, front-wheel-drive box with 260HP+ (no offense to Speed3 owners) but stiff their most iconic RWD sports car with moped HP. And whatever Japanese apology philosophy of car and driver as one stuff doesn't cut it anymore in the American market where really, we want Miata prowess with AC Cobra power.

kung fu jesus
01-11-2015, 08:22 PM
It's a few things. Packaging for one, CAFE regs are another I can think of right now among others. I believe a Mazdaspeed version will appear with a 2l engine, probably N/A. Speculation, I know, but it just takes a bit of time to test and homologate all the needs and specs. The ND must be a success for Mazda, so time needs to be given to make it happen.