PDA

View Full Version : Pandora Radio on NA6 OEM Radio?

Phatmiata
01-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Is there an adapter or anything I can use to pick up a signal from the Pandora on my iPhone to my OEM Mazda Radio?

Maybe something like this? Anyone tried this yet?

horribleR
01-25-2015, 03:57 PM
There are those cassette tape adapters.

Tkblazer
01-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Or fm modulator things

Phatmiata
01-25-2015, 04:34 PM
I really don't want to plug anything into the radio.

I recalled someone saying they now have something you plug into your smartphone and it will broadcast your music via bluetooth to a car stereo frequency?

Phatmiata
01-25-2015, 05:20 PM
Or fm modulator things

is this what you mean? http://r.ebay.com/ks3Ln3

Anyone have experience using them? I might have to try this out.

MemphisMiata
01-25-2015, 05:40 PM
It's an FM modulator - nothing more or less.
They work OK - think of the FM modulator as a tiny FM radio station. It broadcasts on a specific frequency & the FM receiever on your radio picks up whatever you have plugged into it through the audio input.

The good news about them is they are easily installed & require no permanent mods. The bad news is the quality is only as good as your FM radio. If you think your FM radio sounds OK, then go for it.

Personally if I was going for an FM modulator, I would choose one that is installed behind the radio. Less clutter & easier to access once its installed. But the gadget Phatmiata is showing could be moved from car to car. Depends on what you care about the most.

Even with Bluetooth, you need an AUX input to allow the BT to access the radio, so unless your radio has an AUX in, you'll need the FM mod.
But then again, if your radio had an AUX in, you wouldn't be posting this, right?!

Phatmiata
01-25-2015, 05:54 PM
I just got spoiled with the bluetooth my 2013 Mazdaspeed3 has, now I want something similar in the 1993 Miata.

Honestly cannot stand listening to DJ's talking on my morning drive into work thinking they are so hilarious when in reality I am thinking, "enough already, just play the next song!"