PDA

View Full Version : Everything RDU 2015

Pages : [1] 2

JamieH
01-07-2015, 03:47 AM
Man oh man, do I have a story for you guys. And the rest of the Miata community really. It'll be forth coming in a week or so. It's how a friend and I spent the end of 2014 and the beginning of 2015. Maybe I'm making it out to be more than it is, but after the experience we had, the trials and tribulations, the joyous triumph in the end, all of the trouble and hijinks, and the car it all revolves around, I feel like it's a story worth writing about. Which is why it'll be a week or so before you read it.

I'm going through and writing it out in it's entirety, trying to sort out the events in the order they happened with as much honesty as possible and making an attempt to get the facts straight. I'll also be collecting the info, pics, and video from my friend to put it all along with what I have. All to tell the story with as much detail as possible.

Basically, we had one hell of a trip to get my friend's dream Miata. I'm sure you want to know just what that is, but I don't want to spoil it. You'll just have to be patient. What I will say is that it has a lot of goodies on it and has seen some shit in it's lifetime. Saying it's been around the block a few times is an understatement. It's not the greatest or fastest car ever, but I feel it's pretty special considering it's past.

That's all for now, don't try to pry any more info, I'm not telling until it's ready. Man, I hope I don't disappoint.

tsingson
01-07-2015, 08:03 AM
What the hell is up with the tease, Jamie?

Demon I Am
01-08-2015, 10:21 AM
I have 2 broke-ass cars right now.

Acura decided not to start in colder weather last month. Figured it was the battery (which was the original) so I bought a new one at that time. problem went away until last week. Every morning, I'll get about half a second's worth of VERY slow turnover before it just quits cranking. From what I've read, it's probably the starter. Looks like it's a matter of pulling the IM off to get access to it. Puts the F.U. in fun...

Miata has almost the exact same issue. It will turn over slowly then grind, then stop turning. I had to push-start the car down a hill this morning. It runs really rough, extra hard vibrating, felt like riding over rumble strips until it was fully warmed up. and the oil smoke has come back with a vengence. I am lucky that there's a huge hill in our neighborhood, and that we live at the top of it.

Looks like this weekend is going to be a cold one for me. Now to decide on which car to fix...

JLBMX5
01-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Ever since my wifes accident my daughter has been all over my ass about owning a vehicle with no airbags. No passanger so she will not ride with me anywhere. I am to a point were i have been thinking about parting out my miata and getting something else. My budget would be about 7,000 for another car than part out miata for adding to next car. What do you guys think ?

kung fu jesus
01-12-2015, 12:24 PM
You can get into an NB for that or far less. A fair amount of your stuff transfers over. I think Tim *might* be selling his soon.

For safety sake, the NB met tougher crash testing, has dual airbags, more HTSS in the doors for anti-intrusion, etc.

Demon I Am
01-12-2015, 02:52 PM
That sucks, James, but her pov is understandable. Early model NCs are in that price range as well. Selling/parting the car just seems like a colossal pain in the butt. You might want to just stick the car out there at whatever price you think the added mods warrant, and see where it gets you.

Acura starter was not terribly hard, just tedious. It's located under the intake mani, which required pulling the intake/mani, bumper, front core support. A mostly easy 4 hour job. Now to get the Miata sorted out. push-starting is FTL.

When the hell are we going to get together again? It's cold out, but we could at least meet up for dinner and catching up.

tsingson
01-12-2015, 04:59 PM
All you gotta do is throw a date out there and we can see who can make it. I'm trying to find someone that can swap wheels on my Expedition with new to me ones I just bought. Some of these places are charging a crap load to do it.

JLBMX5
01-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Well i still have no clue as of now what im going to be doing. But if its purchase of another vehicle it will most likely not be another miata. I am hoping that one day my daughter will be fine with riding with me again.

Pyr0monk3y
01-12-2015, 06:32 PM
All you gotta do is throw a date out there and we can see who can make it. I'm trying to find someone that can swap wheels on my Expedition with new to me ones I just bought. Some of these places are charging a crap load to do it.

Swap wheels? As in undo lugnuts, remove old wheels, install new wheels and retorque lugs?

And yes, it's about time for another meet.

tsingson
01-12-2015, 07:58 PM
Naw. I wish that's all it is. Remove tires from current wheels and place on new wheels. Balance and install.

kung fu jesus
01-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Any of you heard of INF Motorsports? It appears to be located in the 919 area code, but couldn't find an address. They have a nice online assortment at comparable prices. I reached out to them to see if they had a showroom to try stuff on. Will let you know if I hear back from them. I need a bunch of stuff. They also have Race Tech seats, which are really nice, but not inexpensive.

kung fu jesus
01-13-2015, 12:53 PM
Naw. I wish that's all it is. Remove tires from current wheels and place on new wheels. Balance and install.

Should be about $80 to swap tires over. I have done it before, but not for SUV wheels.

kung fu jesus
01-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Ever since my wifes accident my daughter has been all over my ass about owning a vehicle with no airbags. No passanger so she will not ride with me anywhere. I am to a point were i have been thinking about parting out my miata and getting something else. My budget would be about 7,000 for another car than part out miata for adding to next car. What do you guys think ?

$7k is a decent range, what features are you looking for, beyond SRS? 94+ is around the time most manufacturers went to dual airbags. Side or curtain SRS began around '98 IIRC, except some premium brands.

RWD, FWD, AWD? Coupe, Sedan, etc?

tsingson
01-13-2015, 01:36 PM
Should be about $80 to swap tires over. I have done it before, but not for SUV wheels.

Just quoted $60 out the door so I will be putting them on this afternoon after work.

kung fu jesus
01-13-2015, 02:22 PM
http://www.2040-cars.com/_content/cars/images/1/408201/003.jpg

tsingson
01-13-2015, 02:30 PM
Too small.

JamieH
01-13-2015, 04:54 PM
Heard there's going to be a C&C in Raleigh this Sat. How y'all feel about meeting up there then getting lunch somewhere?

Short notice, but thought it'd work as for meet as good as anything else. Plus, we can tell S2K owners how nice their new Miatas look.

kung fu jesus
01-13-2015, 04:58 PM
I can't make it.

Pyr0monk3y
01-13-2015, 07:44 PM
I'll be there

tsingson
01-13-2015, 08:29 PM
Have a few things to do. Won't be able to make it. Sorry.

kung fu jesus
01-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Andy, did your brother ever sell those 15x8s?

Pyr0monk3y
01-14-2015, 12:35 AM
He did, they sold pretty quick after you last asked about them. Now we're stocking up on 15x7's. What brakes are you running on your car? We're like our DTC-60's and HT-10's but we would like to find something that lasts longer and works better in the rain.The car is coming along though, it's stripped! You can pick up the front of the car and roll it around like a wheel barrow.

http://i.imgur.com/KbdWLgkl.jpg (http://imgur.com/KbdWLgk.jpg)

Took 60 pounds of sound deadening out!

http://i.imgur.com/iYO8rXPl.jpg (http://imgur.com/iYO8rXP.jpg)

Welder arrived last week, used it to put the tubing bender together. Steel plate and tubing arrives tomorrow.

http://i.imgur.com/VgYhNDhl.jpg (http://imgur.com/VgYhNDh.jpg)

kung fu jesus
01-14-2015, 09:13 AM
Nice!

I use PF pads up front when I track the car. I have had good experience with them in the e30. Great initial bite, very little to no fading. They eat rotors, cake the wheels, so just keep an eye on the layer that forms on there to prevent caking/unbalancing.

JLBMX5
01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Steven how are you doing on the e-cig. So far i have been 23 days cigarette free and my plan is to be on 0 nicotine juice next weekend. Right now i am using 8mg of nicotine bit doing really good not smoking cigarettes.

kung fu jesus
01-19-2015, 08:37 PM
I stepped down from 18 to 6 after the first week. I found a flavor I prefer, too. I plan to step down to 3 at my next purchase, then zero a couple weeks after that. It has been a fairly good transition so far.

I forgot how sensitive my smell becomes when quitting. I notice scents far more than before, flavors, too. I was walking downtown last Saturday night and I could smell cigarettes people were smoking about 20-30 feet away.

kung fu jesus
01-19-2015, 08:45 PM
I secured an extra set of 15x7 wheels through the NC e30 group. They are TRM C1s. I had my sights set on a set of TDR Pro Race 1.2 in the same size in Mebane, but the seller didn't show. No big deal.

If anyone has a line on 205/50-15 r-comps please let me know! Looking for scubs or stickers, not blued, cycled out carcasses.

Would also be interested in a set of extreme performance tires in the same size. Rivals, RS3s, Nt05, Star Specs, etc.

JLBMX5
01-19-2015, 10:10 PM
I stepped down from 18 to 6 after the first week. I found a flavor I prefer, too. I plan to step down to 3 at my next purchase, then zero a couple weeks after that. It has been a fairly good transition so far.

I forgot how sensitive my smell becomes when quitting. I notice scents far more than before, flavors, too. I was walking downtown last Saturday night and I could smell cigarettes people were smoking about 20-30 feet away.

I have a guy at work who is a smoker that comes in on second shift and when he comes in to take my place ohh i smell the cigarette smell. Makes me want one lol. I use two different flavors so i dont get use to just one. I switch between apple pie flavor and watermellon flavor and like the way they bolth taste and in the house its like im burning an inscent lol.

kung fu jesus
01-20-2015, 12:55 PM
My wife has a bunch of flavors and different e-cig variants. I stick to one from a shop she visits a lot near 5 Points in Raleigh. It tastes more closely to tobacco, I suppose. I am not a fan of the custard or sweet ones. I tried a coffee flavored one, but it wasn't something I could use all day.

JLBMX5
01-20-2015, 02:21 PM
I tried a marlboro flavor when i first started and to be honest it tasted like i found a cigarette that had been hiding under a sofa cushion for two months. It was so stale tasting i could not handle it. I think because of all the soda i am use to drinking the sweetness is something i seem to handle well.

kung fu jesus
01-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Similar experience. I tried one that was supposed taste like a cigarette, but tasted like a re-lit butt.

I guess the flavor I use is sort of like carmelized sugar with a little vanilla and cinnamon. It doesn't taste sweet though. Hard to describe.

Demon I Am
02-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Any of you kids have the free time to help me lower the car a bit, and install new tie rod ends, preferably Sunday, since it's supposed to be gorgeous?

I have the tools for it, and would do it at the storage facility.

Golden Stallion
02-06-2015, 12:58 PM
Im always down if you want me to come. I haven't done suspension stuff yet so I'm not much help on knowledge but I could help

Demon I Am
02-06-2015, 01:08 PM
sure thing, come on by. I don't want to scrub, but I want to lose some gap, if possible

Golden Stallion
02-06-2015, 01:29 PM
I will let you know if I can Sunday. Might be working on my own miata and get the stupid engine out this weekend and start doing the light rebuild/refresh but that would most likely be tonight if I do. Saturday, I might be buying a new head for the engine since mine has a hole on the side from the supercharger mount.

I cant wait to drive a miata I can call my own again:cry:

kung fu jesus
02-06-2015, 01:34 PM
50/50

tsingson
02-07-2015, 12:28 AM
We are launching our new databases on Sunday when the volume is lower. I'll be assisting with that. Sorry man.

Golden Stallion
02-07-2015, 01:36 PM
Anyone got a 1.8 head on them. The person I was talking to is getting me kind of worried considering he lacks communication and not wanting to travel around 2 hours each way for a scam.the head is cheap as hell since he is asking 50 bucks with cams and everthing

Demon I Am
02-07-2015, 02:12 PM
To good to be true?

Demon I Am
02-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Might not be able to do the car work tomorrow. Found out the hydraulic jack is busted

tsingson
02-07-2015, 04:18 PM
That sucks man. You need a whole new jack? Harbor always has the aluminum low profile on sale if you can find a coupon online.

JLBMX5
02-07-2015, 04:31 PM
I have a lowprofile hydraulic jack and 4 jackstands that i always use to lift my miata off the ground so if you need them let me know.

kung fu jesus
02-07-2015, 06:14 PM
Tony, I have one too. If you need it, let me know.

Demon I Am
02-07-2015, 07:04 PM
Pooh, motor mounts showed up today

Golden Stallion
02-07-2015, 09:45 PM
To good to be true?

pretty much. I just kinda figured he saw the 1.6 head go for that much and didn't know 1.8's are worth more. either way, I am backing out of this before wasting 50 bucks on gas for no reason. I texted him around 12 today about how I am concerned by his lack of communication and what do you know, still no response. I guess I am still going to be paying full price for one.

also, are we going to work on your car tomorrow. I have the shitty cheap harbor freight because my scissor jack that came with my miata broke as soon as it started to hold the cars weight. Anyways, since we aren't getting under the car and don't need to jack it up super high, I can bring that if needed

kung fu jesus
02-07-2015, 10:16 PM
50 is a great deal. If someone was looking for an extra head to modify, that may be the ticket. If it isn't damaged too badly, it ban be welded, milled, and used for a DIY port and polish project.

Golden Stallion
02-07-2015, 10:29 PM
That was why I wanted it so bad. I was expecting to pay around 250-300 and wasn't really looking towards paying that but I just saw that on the east nc Craigslist and would have driven down that day for it but I don't know. My mom is driving down to wilmington next Monday and might just go with her and make a detour

kung fu jesus
02-08-2015, 09:30 AM
Tony, if you do the work, text me. I will be around today.

JamieH
02-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Group of us from Goldsboro are in Raleigh today. Currently chilling at Firehouse Subs after eating some good subs.

kung fu jesus
02-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Which one?

tsingson
02-08-2015, 02:38 PM
How long are you going to be in Raleigh, Jamie?

JamieH
02-08-2015, 02:49 PM
Think we're heading back out already. Maybe next time? Maybe C&C later this month?

tsingson
02-08-2015, 03:13 PM
C&C is going to be hard for me because of basketball season. I might be able to show up for a brief moment. Maybe we should try a midweek meet again?

Pyr0monk3y
02-08-2015, 03:49 PM
The next C&C is going to be a big one. There's Mclaren P1 coming along with a few other interesting things.

tsingson
02-08-2015, 04:23 PM
I'll probably still have to miss it. I'll probably get a chance in between this season and the summer season.

tsingson
02-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Anybody available on Wed night?

kung fu jesus
02-09-2015, 10:02 AM
It's a possibility.

Demon I Am
02-09-2015, 11:46 AM
I'd be up for Wednesday.

I may try to install the new motor mounts on the car after work, but I am going to have to source some backing nuts/washers for them.

Golden Stallion
02-09-2015, 11:56 AM
I am sorry I couldn't make it to you yesterday Tony, I had to visit my brother. I would have texted you but I'm not sure if you are the same Tony in my contacts haha.

anyways, I shouldn't be doing anything Wednesday so I am most likely available.

Demon I Am
02-09-2015, 12:16 PM
It's all good. I ended up skipping out on the tie rods, and doing some other things. I'll get to them eventually. Also, I now have a jack for the car. Do you guys want to meet at Starbucks around 7ish?

tsingson
02-09-2015, 12:32 PM
That's fine. 7pm Wed at Starbucks at Brier Creek.

Pyr0monk3y
02-10-2015, 07:42 PM
Can't make it, I have class until 8:30 on Wednesday nights.

kung fu jesus
02-10-2015, 08:15 PM
Intending to put myself in harm's way.

tsingson
02-11-2015, 07:27 AM
What was the price on that one, Steven?

kung fu jesus
02-11-2015, 08:35 AM
$475 shipped, down from 630.

Demon I Am
02-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Drove the girl to work today. She really hates the cold.

tsingson
02-11-2015, 09:58 AM
How so?

Demon I Am
02-11-2015, 11:06 AM
Drives like shit until fully warmed up. Stutters, lack of acceleration, super-harsh engine vibration. Once it's been on the road for 5 minutes, it drives like a dream.

So, tonight's going to be damn cold. We should meet up at Starbucks, then head inside to Moes, or the Japanese place.

tsingson
02-11-2015, 11:16 AM
No Red Robin?

tsingson
02-11-2015, 11:19 AM
We could do vietnamese noodle if you want something warm. They opened up a cool spot near my house on Morrisville Carpenter and Davis.

Golden Stallion
02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
I might be coming around 730 if I can get out of the my school thing early but if not and you guys still at brier creek, I could be there around 8.

Demon I Am
02-11-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm cool with whatever

Pyr0monk3y
02-11-2015, 12:24 PM
I really want to come hang out. If the party is still going when I get out of class, I'll be there. But I can't stay long, I have to kick ass in the THQ iRacing series tonight!

tsingson
02-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Just throwing out stuff. We can just do Starbucks and go from there. I wasn't really planning on eating though.

AustinH48
02-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Haven't spoken with you guys in a while...I'll be at Cars and Coffee later this month, looking forward to that. Finally getting the funds to get the Miata a little better each day.

Andy I didn't know you were on iRacing! Lets race something sometime.

Pyr0monk3y
02-11-2015, 03:24 PM
For sure, I spend most of my time in mazda cup series. Are you in the Reddit iRacing league? I'm going to start racing in that when the next season starts.

Demon I Am
02-11-2015, 03:43 PM
Do you guys still use that Meetup(?) ap?

I never downloaded it after upgrading phones

tsingson
02-11-2015, 03:50 PM
Groupme. I don't. I have it on my phone but I don't use it.

AustinH48
02-11-2015, 09:13 PM
For sure, I spend most of my time in mazda cup series. Are you in the Reddit iRacing league? I'm going to start racing in that when the next season starts.

I do a lot of the Mazda Cup as well, and this week they are at one of my favorite tracks. I subscribed to that page but I haven't looked much into it. I help run another league with stock car stuff. My name is Austin Hartenfels, friend me next time you're on and we'll jump in some Mazda races!

tsingson
02-12-2015, 07:49 AM
It was good to have a meet since we haven't had one in a while. Was cold but tolerable. We will probably try and schedule another one but maybe have it at Crabtree or something.

tsingson
02-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Is Cars and Coffee tomorrow?

Golden Stallion
02-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Next weekend. It's every 3rd saturday

JamieH
02-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Yep. I plan to be there.

Demon I Am
02-13-2015, 09:17 PM
OK,so now I'm torn. My friend just upgraded to a gorgeous 2013 nc, and is willing to sell me his 2000 nb for super cheap. It has 220k, which isn't great. But it has new suspension, Mazdaspeed seats, ok black paint, new soft top,hard dog roll bar, recent timing belt job, and has been well maintained for the last 8 years. I can get it for 3k.
If I get it, I'd have to sell the NA. I love that ugly ass car, and have put in so much work. But having a newer, more comfortable car is super tempting. I know I'll need to save up for a new engine, but I'm kind of at that point with the NA.
The nb would get my wheels, hard top, and possibly the golf roll bar. I'd either sell the NA with all the pretty bits, or I'd have to buy a bunch of parts, to make it a functional car, then sell the goodies.

What do you lot think?

JamieH
02-13-2015, 09:36 PM
The NB is much firmer with a lot less rattles and squeaks. If the difference in style isn't an issue, a NB in favorable condition is a nice upgrade.

Pyr0monk3y
02-13-2015, 09:42 PM
There's a delicate balance when it comes to fun street cars. My miata is a tad too hardcore, but brother's mostly stock e30 is too slow and soft on a lot of roads. The last few times you and I talked, it seemed like the NA was a little too RACECAR for the street. If that's the case, a mostly stock NB might me a good change of pace.

Golden Stallion
02-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Wait, is it tomorrow. That would be the second Saturday this month.If it is, I will be waking up for it.

Tony, I think it wouldnt be a bad idea. It sounds like you want to make the miata a daily driver and the nb would better for that.

tsingson
02-13-2015, 09:50 PM
Why would you need a new engine for it? Yes that's kinda high but if it was well maintained, it still has a ways to go. Myself, I love the styling of the NB. That's just my opinion. If you did want it, I would swap over all of the parts you want and just part out the NA for whatever you can get. People always need parts. Hell, I'm looking for 90-93 seat belt receivers as we speak. Whatever you can get for the part out, just put that as more money you can use to pay towards the NB. Just like the conversation we had with Andrew the other night. This may be a no-brainer. Less headaches and less work to make reliable at the moment. Know what I mean. If you need a hand on swapping stuff, let me know and I can help after my basketball game on a Saturday.

Demon I Am
02-13-2015, 09:50 PM
I feel like the na is roomier on the inside.

kung fu jesus
02-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Tony, 220k is nothing for a well-kept NB.

Drive it till it pops.

tsingson
02-13-2015, 09:53 PM
Cars and Coffee is going to be on the 21st. I won't be able to make it. We have first game that Saturday.

kung fu jesus
02-13-2015, 09:53 PM
I had the NA and NB at the same time. The NB is roomier horizontally.

kung fu jesus
02-13-2015, 09:56 PM
I seem to recall the early NBs had a seat stop on the back of the slider rails. I don't remember if it was on both seats or just the passenger seat. It was easy to remove, added much needed rearward travel.

tsingson
02-13-2015, 10:06 PM
I did see that backstop when I was trying to install the Lotus seats.

Demon I Am
02-13-2015, 10:59 PM
So I guess the issue is... Do I buy a bunch of stock parts to replace the aftermarket stuff, or try to sell it with those included? Some of the items I'd be willing to pull are the gauges, needle caps, cluster, aerodramatics door handles, door pulls, wheels.. too late to think of anything else.
So I'd be selling a 90 Miata, 135k, 1.8 swap. Header. Dgr coilover suspension. Rollbar. 10ae carpet. Delrin motor mounts. New tie rod ends. Extra dash. Car would come with no roof, frame only, unless I was convinced to sell the hard top. No clue what to realistically expect to sell or at.

tsingson
02-13-2015, 11:10 PM
You could either sell it with whatever parts you aren't going to use or just part the thing out and trash whatever is remaining. I'd be interested in the coils if you decide to sell. And I would keep the hard top. But that's just me. I remember Breezy saying he made more than what he was asking as a whole parting the car out.

Demon I Am
02-13-2015, 11:32 PM
I just don't have the room to fully break down a car. If I did, that would surely be the route I'd go.

tsingson
02-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Well, you could just make one car that you really want. If you sell the coils, you can take the suspension from mine to put on the car you will be selling.

kung fu jesus
02-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Sell it minus those parts for $500-750?

Demon I Am
02-15-2015, 12:32 AM
Putting out an APB on parts:
Cheap wheels with rubber. Steelies, daisies, does not matter as long as they are cheap and somewhat road safe.
Gauge cluster. Miles unimportant.
Gauge hood. Does not matter if the clips are broken.
Soft top latches. Going to throw an old, crappy soft top on the car, use the pool liner for a rain rail.
Inner door handles.
I think everything else I'm on with selling.

Anthony, if your serious about the suspension, we need to figure it out asap. I'm planning on putting the car up FS as soon as I get the soft top on it.

Golden Stallion
02-15-2015, 01:00 AM
Let me know if you need some parts. I have 2 miatas to choose from and Hunter has his other car. He can sell you the door handles you need also. I also got some wheels but don't know about the tires on it and Hunter has 2 extra sets of wheels(original 95 m wheels and some random 14s)

Demon I Am
02-15-2015, 01:08 AM
Definitely. Pm me some prices on the door handles, gauge cluster, wheels, soft top latches, if is car is in part out mode.

Pyr0monk3y
02-18-2015, 04:54 PM
Heads up on Cars and Coffee, the event for this Saturday has been pushed back to next Saturday. The McLarens will still be there, it's just happening a week later because of the extreme temperatures.

Wood
02-19-2015, 12:35 PM
Yes! I'll be able to make it now. The P1 is a thing of beauty, saw one last year at the Amelia Concours, Gorgeous!

Side note, anyone interested in either a FM stage 1 BBK or V8 roadster tubular control arms?

tsingson
02-24-2015, 11:15 AM
With the weather being what it is and what they are expecting, C&C still a possibility?

JamieH
02-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Ugh, probably not. And if they don't cancel, I can't imagine the turn out being that great, let alone the P1 showing up in such weather. Here's to hoping to a sharp turn around in the weather.

AustinH48
02-24-2015, 06:01 PM
I'm not sure if the guys from McLaren Philidelphia are going to come down in the snow, even if its barely an inch. Weather on my phone says it should clear up by Saturday though.

tsingson
02-24-2015, 06:02 PM
That's what I was seeing but they got the snow wrong for today as well so I take it with a grain of salt.

tsingson
02-26-2015, 10:48 AM
I am going to assume that everyone is at home?

JLBMX5
02-26-2015, 10:53 AM
Im at work we got rain in smithfield

tsingson
02-26-2015, 10:55 AM
That sucks. Luckily, I am able to work from home. Save money on gas and avoid the idiots on the road.

tsingson
03-01-2015, 06:09 PM
Anybody down to meet at Crabtree on Wednesday?

kung fu jesus
03-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Perhaps. Make it definitive.

Demon I Am
03-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Weds is no-can-do for me. I have to get the Miata alternator situation worked out. I'm taking advantage of the 70* weather to install the soft top on the NA.

tsingson
03-02-2015, 01:50 PM
I am down for 7pm at Crabtree mall. Probably at the spot nearest to the food court. I see Tony is out. Anyone else available?

Pyr0monk3y
03-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Wednesday at 7 is a no go for me too. I get out of class at 8:30 on Wednesday night. I could make it if the meet went later in the evening, but I know you folks need your sleep.

AustinH48
03-10-2015, 10:43 PM
I feel kind of silly for not knowing this, I must be missing something.

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?11397-Alignment-rear-camber-issues&p=161155#post161155

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kung fu jesus
03-17-2015, 12:09 PM
Moving to ATL. Time to pack!

Demon I Am
03-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Wow, for reals? Congrats and stuff!

kung fu jesus
03-17-2015, 03:39 PM
Yup. My wife accepted a job/transfer to Dunwoody. She reports 3/30. I will move our stuff down 4/10

Pyr0monk3y
03-19-2015, 12:08 AM
We did it guys! We ran him off! When's the garage sale?

Seriously KFJ, congrats, Atlanta is the shit. I've got a lot of family down that way. You probably know better than I do but it's a helluva place for an automotive enthusiast.

Demon I Am
03-19-2015, 07:50 AM
Will you have time for another get together/farewell dinner?

JLBMX5
03-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Wake county speedway is having their open house this weekend. They are going to have the I racing bus there where up to 8 people can race against each other. From what i understand huge group of cars and coffee are going. Anyone from here going ?

Pyr0monk3y
03-19-2015, 06:46 PM
I'll probably be there

Wood
03-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Selling some stuff.

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/4941071639.html

kung fu jesus
03-20-2015, 02:04 PM
You should really make a post for this on Panjo. I think this would sell quickly if you are willing to ship.

kung fu jesus
03-20-2015, 02:04 PM
Will you have time for another get together/farewell dinner?

Maybe, but not certain.

tsingson
03-20-2015, 05:33 PM
Anybody showing up for Cars and Coffee tomorrow?

Demon I Am
03-20-2015, 05:57 PM
I have a sleep study tonight. If I get sleep, I may come out. Where and what time?

Pyr0monk3y
03-20-2015, 08:27 PM
I'll be at C&C. It's at the Raleigh Grande Theater on Lynn Road from 8-11 I'm also working at the Wake County Speedway Open House. It's from 11-3

JamieH
03-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Should be there. Riding with a friend.

Demon I Am
03-21-2015, 05:45 AM
Looks like I'm actually going to go to this. You guys meeting up ahead of time or just getting there whenever?

JLBMX5
03-21-2015, 06:13 AM
I just woke up. I need to shower and stuff and since i am 40 minutes away from cnc i will meet you guys there.

Demon I Am
03-21-2015, 07:58 AM
Of the millions of dollars worth of cars at c&c, I got wood for the Opel Gt

JamieH
03-21-2015, 03:17 PM
Of the millions of dollars worth of cars at c&c, I got wood for the Opel Gt

You sir, have strange taste.

kung fu jesus
03-21-2015, 06:17 PM
It's a neat car, for sure. I remember a kid and his girlfriend tried racing me at a couple of stop lights while I was out driving in my Miata with my wife. I creamed the poor bastard consecutively where he stopped looking my way at the last light, and his girl looked pissed. To be fair, I was running a 10 psi tune. I goaded him a little, keeping him even, then just rolled on the throttle and blew his doors off. :p

My wife turned his way and waved, laughing.

tsingson
03-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Anybody available for a Friday evening meet? Starbucks Brier Creek 7pm.

kung fu jesus
03-25-2015, 10:51 AM
touch and go. I would put me down as 40/60 go/no go

Demon I Am
03-25-2015, 10:54 AM
I might be g2g for this

tsingson
03-25-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm in. So we have 2 possibly confirmed?

Tony, the car is down to 13" front and rear now. We will see if it goes down anymore.

Demon I Am
03-25-2015, 11:23 AM
that's a little better

tsingson
03-25-2015, 11:39 AM
I like it. I was at 12.5 before but now I can get out of my driveway without scraping the frame rails.

kung fu jesus
03-25-2015, 11:56 AM
I like it. I was at 12.5 before but now I can get out of my car without aggravating my sciatica.

FTFY.

tsingson
03-25-2015, 12:09 PM
Us old men definitely don't need to be sparking down the freeway.

Pyr0monk3y
03-25-2015, 12:11 PM
I'm in for Friday.

tsingson
03-25-2015, 12:12 PM
We got 3.

kung fu jesus
03-25-2015, 12:21 PM
Us old men definitely don't need to be sparking down the freeway.

Speak for yourself, Methuselah.

tsingson
03-27-2015, 10:16 AM
I will be there at 7pm.

Pyr0monk3y
03-27-2015, 02:22 PM
Same here.

Pyr0monk3y
03-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Me and Anthony are here, heading to hibachi lol

Demon I Am
03-27-2015, 06:46 PM
Stomach ache... Out

tsingson
03-30-2015, 08:02 AM
Sold the AGXs. Guy with a sweet silver NB. Hopefully he joins and starts coming out to the meets, which reminds me. We need to schedule another one soon. Ideas?

Wood
03-30-2015, 08:29 AM
Play hookey friday and caravan to VIR for charity laps?

tsingson
03-30-2015, 08:32 AM
I can't pass on double time. Andy and I had that discussion already. Sorry man.

Demon I Am
03-30-2015, 08:54 AM
Sold the AGXs. Guy with a sweet silver NB. Hopefully he joins and starts coming out to the meets, which reminds me. We need to schedule another one soon. Ideas?
See, aren't you glad you didn't toss them out ;)

Play hookey friday and caravan to VIR for charity laps?
Oh that sounds like a great time. I'll have the boy on Friday, wonder if he'd want to tag along. any more info on the event?

Wood
03-30-2015, 08:58 AM
VIR will open its gates and track once again this year Friday, April 3 for an Open House and Charity Laps event benefiting Victory Junction, a year-round camp for children ages six to 16 with chronic medical conditions and serious illnesses.

We would also like to extend an invitation to anyone that wishes to attend the planting of the Son of Oak Tree, which will take place the same day, April 3, at Noon.

About nine years ago, a former employee of VIR planted acorns from the original tree, which have now matured and they have graciously offered to return it home. Measuring about three feet tall, that seedling will be moved to just outside the south end of the track, where it will be relocated for both racers and spectators to enjoy for years to come.

Learn more about the Open House »

VIR Open House/Charity Laps
Benefiting
Victory Junction
April 3, 2015
Gates open at 7:30am
On Track Activities
All Proceeds From Events Go to Victory Junction

Laps run 8:00am-4:00pm
Lunch break from 12:00 noon to 1:00pm
__________________________________________________ ________________
Free Photo of Your Car on Track
F&S Enterprises will give participants one free 5"x7" photo of their car on track. Participants will receive a coupon when they pay for their first session.

Photos must be picked up the day of the event.

__________________________________________________ ________________
Ride Along
Take a hot lap in the Ariel Atom or BMW M3 with a pro driver for $15.

Richard Petty Driving Experience
Richard Petty Driving Experience RIDE-ALONG EXPERIENCE at VIR:
Experience the thrill of riding shotgun in a 2-seat 600hp NASCAR race car driven by one of our professional driving instructors for 1 lap around the race track. To participate in the Ride-Along Experience you must be at least 14 years old at all tracks. If under 18 you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The cost for this ride-along will be $43 to coincide with the car number.

Austin Petty to offer ride-alongs
Austin Petty, son of Kyle and grandson of Richard will be on hand to offer rides in a Petty Driving Experience car. These rides will be $45 in honor of Adam's race car number.

From an email I received

tsingson
03-30-2015, 08:59 AM
I almost did. I was going to give it a couple of more days. Now I just need to get the seats out.

Demon I Am
03-30-2015, 09:22 AM
I might have to call up there, find out what the rules are for 8 year olds, also whether I'd have to secure a helmet.

EDIT-
No helmets required/regulated runs. $25/15 minute run. Properly restrained kids are OK.

Wood
03-30-2015, 09:40 AM
You got it. Downside is all the inexperienced drivers with mustangs and corvettes who can't turn to save their life and screw it up for us with more agile cars.

Pyr0monk3y
03-30-2015, 10:49 AM
You got it. Downside is all the inexperienced drivers with mustangs and corvettes who can't turn to save their life and screw it up for us with more agile cars.

As much as I like bashing mustang and camaro drivers, it's been a miata both times I've seen a tire wall impact at charity laps.

Wood
03-30-2015, 01:34 PM
No one we know I hope..... ;)

Demon I Am
03-30-2015, 02:35 PM
That'd be the last thing I'd wanna do.. Andy, are you going to this as well?

Pyr0monk3y
03-30-2015, 04:10 PM
I don't think so, that night is opening night at Wake County Speedway.

JLBMX5
03-30-2015, 06:07 PM
I was going to go to wake county speedway but my brother no longer lives with me so he not going and my friend at work is visiting family for the weekend so he cant go either. So unless i can talk my daughter into going i will miss first race of the season.

Wood
04-02-2015, 09:48 AM
Anytime have any experience with tuning a hydra ecu?

Demon I Am
04-02-2015, 10:06 AM
not I

Wood
04-02-2015, 11:14 AM
Are you going to VIR tomorrow?

Demon I Am
04-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Doctor's appointment just popped up, they couldn't reschedule. I'm bummed.

Pyr0monk3y
04-04-2015, 12:23 AM
I just got back from WCS. Timing and scoring on a track that small with that many cars is a nightmare. It was the most stressful night of my life. Some cars didn't have transponders, some died halfway through the race. On the upside, there was brilliant racing in every class. I'll see if I can get some tickets together for a group trip to WCS.

TimTim
04-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know I have listed the Miata here through Panjo:
http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?11641-NB-2000-Miata-LS

Its been fun meeting/hanging out with you all over the past year and a half!

tsingson
04-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Anybody attending tomorrow's Cars and Coffee? I was thinking about heading out there before I go to work.

Golden Stallion
04-17-2015, 06:53 PM
I would love to go considering I didn't go last month but I'm sick right now

JLBMX5
04-17-2015, 09:09 PM
Im at myrtle beach for the weekend so no cars and coffee for me.

Pyr0monk3y
04-17-2015, 09:34 PM
I'm going.

tsingson
04-18-2015, 09:00 AM
I ended up sleeping in this morning and it felt good.

Demon I Am
04-18-2015, 09:17 AM
Same here. I feel pretty beat up.. Today is going to be mostly relaxifying

tsingson
04-18-2015, 10:26 AM
I hear that. Tony, I picked Tsuro last night. Very fun game with more than 2 players. My daughter is wanting Ticket to Ride.

Wood
04-18-2015, 07:38 PM
Ticket to ride is awesome. The girl friend and I play it a lot. Small world is also a fun one with tons of replay value.

Demon I Am
05-01-2015, 10:57 AM
Anthony, it's that slammed green NB I was telling you about, lol http://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/4973363568.html

JLBMX5
05-07-2015, 04:16 PM
I have no clue how to tell what type of rollbar i have as far as if its for miata with or without a hardtop. So would any of you be willing to test fit your hardtop on my car long enough for me to see if a hardtop would fit. I am thinking of purchasing one and would have to deive to SC to pick it up and would really suck ass to drive all the way there and then find out it does not fit.

Im thinking maybe the next cars and coffee would be a place to try unless anyone happens to be close to smithfield.

tsingson
05-07-2015, 04:56 PM
It may have to be one of the others, James. I won't be at a Cars and Coffee for a while now that my summer basketball league is in full swing. Sorry.

On a different note, I thought you were going to put it up for sale?

JLBMX5
05-07-2015, 05:14 PM
My daughter will be 16 in November. At that time maybe a few months before we will be purchasing a car for her. So that would meani would have two cars in the driveway that will fit everyone that lives at this house ao keeping the miata and putting alittle more money into it seems more reasionable instead of selling and taking a big hit on the amount of money i have into it.

Demon I Am
05-07-2015, 08:32 PM
James, my hard top is at the storage unit. any time you want to swing by, lemme know.

JLBMX5
05-07-2015, 08:34 PM
Ok kool Tony maybe when im headed to speedway unless i get closer to funding the top .

Golden Stallion
05-07-2015, 08:57 PM
I am glad to hear that you are keeping the miata james

Pyr0monk3y
05-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Headed to the speedway? lol We've been rained out for 4 weeks, this is getting really annoying.

JLBMX5
05-08-2015, 05:24 AM
Was tonights race allready canciled

tsingson
05-13-2015, 07:11 AM
Anybody available to meet tonight?

Golden Stallion
05-13-2015, 07:43 AM
i'm actually driving to Virginia today to buy some miata parts so I am not. maybe tomorrow if I don't have work

Pyr0monk3y
05-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Anybody available to meet tonight?

I'm good for a meet tonight.

tsingson
05-13-2015, 09:40 AM
Cool. I may need some assistance in adjusting my hardtop. There is a slight gap at the back that is bugging the hell out of me.

7pm Starbucks as usual?

Pyr0monk3y
05-13-2015, 11:04 AM
Sounds good to me. I need some help doing the same. I took mine off to replace the gaskets under the frankenstein bolts, one was missing so the hardtop was rubbing on the body. It made a huge difference, the car is so much quieter now.

tsingson
05-13-2015, 11:16 AM
What did you use Andy? Mine is missing as well.

Pyr0monk3y
05-13-2015, 11:40 AM
I used the factory mazda parts:

Right (http://parts.arlingtonmazda.com/products/PROTECTOR-RT-%28NA01%252dR1%252d864%29.html)
Left (http://parts.arlingtonmazda.com/products/PROTECTOR-LT-%28NA01%252dR1%252d874%29.html)

tsingson
05-13-2015, 12:05 PM
Were you getting a rattling sound without them?

Pyr0monk3y
05-13-2015, 12:27 PM
I was, it also scratched the paint pretty bad.

Demon I Am
05-13-2015, 12:27 PM
I highly recommend using some silicone to glue those rubber pads in place. Mine did not like to stay in one place, especially after one of the place holders broke off.

tsingson
05-13-2015, 12:33 PM
That's probably what is rattling on mine. I will try and order some.

tsingson
05-13-2015, 02:45 PM
Just ordered my rubber pieces and also the little screws that go on the cap. Came up to just under $20. Andy, will you be bringing tools or did you need me to bring anything?

Pyr0monk3y
05-13-2015, 03:33 PM
I have rennen metal brackets with hex hardware all around, so I can bring tools for that. I know you've got latches up top, but do you have hex on your side brackets or something different?

I'll bring a set of wrenches and sockets and screwdrivers.

Demon I Am
05-13-2015, 03:47 PM
I've almost always got a tool box in the trunk, but I don't have a Torx set. I should be swinging by if I''m not feeling super-shitty after the gym.

JLBMX5
05-13-2015, 04:19 PM
I think the fuel pump in my miata os showing its age. I ordered a new one today so i will not be driving anywhere other than work untill i can get it replaced

tsingson
05-13-2015, 04:52 PM
I have Allen bolts on the side brackets now. Tony, did you need me to bring some torx?

Demon I Am
05-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Alright kids, there's a Cars and Coffee Saturday morning. I might make it, depending on my need for sleep.

Also, the next meet I'm proposing is Weds 5/27 at 7:00pm

We'll meet up at Na'mean restaurant. Mmmm Korean BBQ goodness!

https://scontent-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11188415_384586901728774_884482548835428121_n.jpg? oh=6738bf7519e37c77eb7607526525ca8e&oe=55D06B04

4823 Meadow Dr, Ste 108
Durham, NC 27701

https://scontent-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/l/t1.0-9/10434373_386556548198476_1923956702298968373_n.jpg ?oh=fd68cebfc9978168807d96d82dd165bc&oe=55BF0F5B

tsingson
05-14-2015, 10:45 AM
I may be able to make this before my game.

Demon I Am
05-14-2015, 10:55 AM
Would Tuesday work better? it's far enough out that date changing is not a problem

tsingson
05-14-2015, 10:56 AM
I was actually referring to Cars and Coffee. The Korean BBQ meet is good for me.

Demon I Am
05-14-2015, 11:02 AM
I'm going to try to get my friend Jason to come to C&C, show off that Fast Forward kit...

Pyr0monk3y
05-14-2015, 11:19 AM
I'm in for the korean BBQ.

C&C is iffy. I'm working Friday night so I might sleep in.

Demon I Am
05-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Understandable.

James, that fuel pump is pretty easy to do... if you don't have a soft top :P I've never done one with a roof on the car...
You might want to replace the filter as well; those are fairly simple.

tsingson
05-14-2015, 11:30 AM
Definitely.

Demon I Am
05-14-2015, 12:28 PM
I'm planning on buying those NIB floor mats and softtop boot from CL on Sunday morning. The guy's in Franklinton, so I'm going to go find some fun country roads.

tsingson
05-14-2015, 12:42 PM
I was looking at maybe picking up the floor mats but I wanted to hold off.

tsingson
05-18-2015, 10:37 AM
I made the decision to sell the bikini top. I put up an ad for it on CL. The new seals and everything make the car really nice on the freeway. Only noise I get is through the window seals but I believe that is normal.

Golden Stallion
05-18-2015, 10:50 AM
Why are you selling it? I love my g string and probably was the favorite thing I have bought for my miata. It really made it enjoyable in the summer so you could get the wind but not get cooked by the sun

Demon I Am
05-18-2015, 10:59 AM
Some people are just hardcore hardtop..
The way it is is the way it do.

Do you have a running Miata yet?

tsingson
05-18-2015, 11:24 AM
A/C feels better during the day. At least to me, it does. I don't think it's so much hardcore hardtop as it is getting tired of pulling the hardtop off. The hoist may be the next thing to go but not sure yet.

And yes, do you have a running miata yet? You have enough parts there to have 1.5 miatas.

Golden Stallion
05-18-2015, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I understand that a lot of hardtop owners just end up keeping it on

No, this has sadly gone on too long. My job requires me to work 5 out of 7 days and it is always night. I just don't have much free time left. I have the money....that isn't the problem anymore. Its more about the lack of time and no parts. I was supposed to head up to Virginia last Wednesday to buy a new head but I got scheduled to work so I went this past Sunday and I lasted 3 miles before my radiator hose went bad on me and overheated.

I don't care if it a whole engine or head, I just want the stupid thing running

tsingson
05-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Part it out and buy a new (used) miata. That will get you on the road fast.

Golden Stallion
05-18-2015, 11:38 AM
And yes, do you have a running miata yet? You have enough parts there to have 1.5 miatas.
Except a head without a hole in the side:fp:

Golden Stallion
05-18-2015, 11:39 AM
Except a head without a hole in the side:fp:

Pyr0monk3y
05-18-2015, 12:49 PM
I agree with Anthony. It's time to part it out and start a new journey with a new car, perhaps a different chassis. I love my miata too, it was my first car, but if I walled the car next week I would have it stripped and cashed in for scrap metal before the tires cooled. And I wouldn't necessarily be looking for miata's again, I might look at something that better fits my needs.

The miata was the perfect car for high school, but now we're at that age where we don't really know where we'll be in a couple years. I would feel a lot more comfortable owning an E30 or something else that I could stuff my belongings into for a move.

TimTim
05-18-2015, 09:11 PM
Golden Stallion, You mentioned your constraints, so may I suggest you envision, in detail, the best plausible outcome for your current car and work backwards from there?

I recently "walked the walk" from a 2000 Miata to a 2007 Yaris Hatch. Im very happy with my decision based on working backwards from the plausible vision I had for my car. To meet my vision, I needed space, tools and time that I didn't have and even if I did, it wouldn't meet my current vehicle needs.

I agree with Anthony. It's time to part it out and start a new journey with a new car, perhaps a different chassis. I love my miata too, it was my first car, but if I walled the car next week I would have it stripped and cashed in for scrap metal before the tires cooled. And I wouldn't necessarily be looking for miata's again, I might look at something that better fits my needs.

The miata was the perfect car for high school, but now we're at that age where we don't really know where we'll be in a couple years. I would feel a lot more comfortable owning an E30 or something else that I could stuff my belongings into for a move.

Golden Stallion
05-18-2015, 09:40 PM
I understand what all you guys are saying(and appreciate any advice you give me) and know that in a year(when I graduate hs), play time is over and can't be messing around with a car. Like I have said before, this miata project is not going to be a dd and never will. I will sell it whenever I can't have 2 cars and will have a dd that can hold 4 people and haul some cargo if needed

Now with that out the way, I am about to buy hunters new old head for a cheap price. He is swapping his engine in from his m edition. If I do sell this miata, it will be with a working engine and should be in less than 300 to get it running again. I might even be getting this running to earn money for a daily driver but the goal is to get it running and driving and go from there.

tsingson
05-19-2015, 06:51 AM
It's not so much that we are telling you to get another vehicle. In all honesty, if you can swing 2 cars then do it. What I was referring to was that you talk about being without a car/miata for so long but you have all the means to get one. Instead of having a running vehicle, you have 2 parts cars and a supercharger. I really believe that the supercharger is what is creating this whole situation because that alone can net you enough money to get a running NA in decent shape or even halfway to an NB. We have had this discussion before. The whole point is to get a running car and if you sell everything you have right now, you have enough to get one and even possibly have some more left over to do things to. You already know you have a buyer for the supercharger. That right there is money ready to go into your pocket towards another vehicle/miata. This whole build thing sounds cool to do right now but look how long it's taking and you haven't even started yet. You are still collecting parts. Like I said, we have had this conversation before with everyone in the group at a meet. I am just saying I have been there before I wish that somebody had given me the same advice before I wasted a crap ton of money and time. I would hate to see you waste time and effort into something like this when you could be out driving and going to meets and just enjoying your senior year of high school.

Golden Stallion
05-19-2015, 07:32 AM
Well, in the months I have owned this car, I have spent more time looking into options instead of just doing it simple. I also have not had the the funds but I do now and with this head, I have at least a running 1.8 to sell. Now like I said, this miata isn't a priority in my life. I got more important things than to try and make a project car run.

I have that supercharger, my 1.8 LSD, 2 tan interiors(one complete and one almost), a pair of 95m seats, my roll bar, and a rolling chassis in decent shape. I know this can get me alone could get me in a new miata considering this is all at least 3 grand in parts and I have been thinking of starting over a lot this past month.
If I do sell these parts, I will obviously give Jamie dibs on the supercharger because I think it is time for me to move one and start with a clean chassis like my first one.

tsingson
05-19-2015, 08:09 AM
Well, in the months I have owned this car, I have spent more time looking into options instead of just doing it simple. I also have not had the the funds but I do now and with this head, I have at least a running 1.8 to sell. Now like I said, this miata isn't a priority in my life. I got more important things than to try and make a project car run.

I have that supercharger, my 1.8 LSD, 2 tan interiors(one complete and one almost), a pair of 95m seats, my roll bar, and a rolling chassis in decent shape. I know this can get me alone could get me in a new miata considering this is all at least 3 grand in parts and I have been thinking of starting over a lot this past month.
If I do sell these parts, I will obviously give Jamie dibs on the supercharger because I think it is time for me to move one and start with a clean chassis like my first one.

These are the best things I have heard you say about this. Now get it into action. If anything, you could keep the roll bar if you are deciding to stay in a miata. That way you could run the G-String as well. Everything else could go. You need help pulling this apart, let the group know. I think you would probably make more selling pieces off of it instead of selling it almost complete. We do have classifieds here and CL would work also.

JamieH
05-19-2015, 08:32 PM
...2 tan interiors(one complete and one almost), a pair of 95m seats, my roll bar...

I'd actually be more interested in the tan seats depending on if they're the '94 and earlier "waterfall" type and their condition and the tan carpet if it's clean and the '94 and earlier pile type. Oh, and I have a friend who may be interested in the roll bar for his wife's future Miata.

BTW, you ever have the supercharger looked at to see if it was damaged in the wreck? I know I remember seeing the block bracket snapped off with a chunk of the block still attached.

Golden Stallion
05-20-2015, 12:20 AM
keeping the roll bar. I have factory tan carpet that should clean up nicely(I will let you know when I do clean it up) and the carpet that was in my first miata that had 0 stains and perfectly clean. My car was professionally reupholstered so I will have to make sure it is the pile type since I don't know what was replaced.

I still have not brought that supercharger home to inspect it. Mainly because I didn't have a car that I would actually want the oily thing in(everything in my bimmer is light gray). Like I said right after the accident, the supercharger will not leave my hands until I inspect and hopefully have someone who is familiar with superchargers look at it also but I honestly thing it is fine because the head took the damage and none of the mounting brackets were damaged in any way

Demon I Am
05-20-2015, 12:54 PM
Keith, these are all you, buddy:
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/5018284094.html

tsingson
05-20-2015, 01:06 PM
Who is Keith?

Demon I Am
05-20-2015, 02:51 PM
The guy I sold my white NA to. I was always on the hunt for good priced 10ae seats.

tsingson
05-22-2015, 06:54 AM
Oh ok. So we are still on for next week right? Do we meet somewhere and then roll up to the spot or just meet at the spot?

Sean5294
05-22-2015, 06:57 AM
I need a bikini top.

tsingson
05-22-2015, 06:59 AM
Luckily, I have one for sale. PM me for details.

Demon I Am
05-22-2015, 09:36 AM
I think we should meet up there. I'll be coming from work in CH, so I'm not interested in driving to Raleigh, then back.

tsingson
05-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Sounds good to me. I have to mapquest it.

tsingson
05-26-2015, 06:28 AM
Tony, should we reschedule the meet for next week to give you time to get your car up and running?

Demon I Am
05-26-2015, 08:56 AM
nah, I can show up in my loaner vehicle. Hopefully, I'll source a coil pack locally after work today.

EDIT: Picking up a coil pack after work today. I will slap it on tonight, and hope that's the only problem. If It's still running like shit, then I'll pull the kitty.

Demon I Am
05-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Also, just to repost it up here:

Next meet TOMORROW:

Weds 5-27
Nah'Mean Restaurant
4823 Meadow Dr, Ste 108
Durham, NC 27701
See you around 7:00

tsingson
05-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Damn. I didn't realize how close this was to me.

Where are you grabbing the coil from?

tsingson
05-26-2015, 10:12 AM
Hey guys. It looks like the place is closed after 2pm. Maybe grab some Pho at the one spot I was talking about?

Demon I Am
05-26-2015, 10:35 AM
Walker auto in CH

tsingson
05-26-2015, 10:59 AM
Alright since the BBQ place is closed in the evenings, we will give this place a try.

Pho 919
3504 Davis Dr, Morrisville, NC 27560
7pm, Wednesday 27May2015

Pyr0monk3y
05-26-2015, 12:44 PM
I'll be there

tsingson
05-28-2015, 06:29 AM
Good meet last night guys. Jamie, let us know next time that you will be heading up and we can make sure we can eat some place a little more "white". And we need to get Zach to start selling off some of those parts he's hoarding.

Wood
05-28-2015, 10:27 AM
Does anyone have an extra a/c compressor lying around? Pretty sure mine has had it, clutch won't engage, and the system is charged.

tsingson
05-28-2015, 10:29 AM
I don't. Maybe check with Jason in Apex to see if he has one. Andrew may have one among his collection of vehicles as well.

Demon I Am
05-28-2015, 10:43 AM
I have no spare parts, really

Golden Stallion
05-28-2015, 03:38 PM
Yes I do haha. I got the one out of my first miata that worked perfect before the accident. let me know if you want it and i can get it off my car and get back to you.

edit: now that i think about it, it might have gotten damaged in the accident. you are welcome to come look at it and see if you want. The car is like 5-7 minutes from brier creek and you can check it out before I try to remove it

kung fu jesus
05-28-2015, 03:52 PM
Wood, there is a procedure for checking the AC system. It was pretty simple, I read it from the factory service manual I used to have. I would try to see if you can find it online, save yourself the hassle of opening the system. It could be the pressure switch, relay, switch wire to the clutch (only 1 wire), or the clutch itself (which is replaceable).