PDA

View Full Version : still having tps issues

ShawnM
03-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Ok I posted a thread a whirl ago about adjusting my tps on my 1.8 swap. The question I have is this. I went from a 91 1.6 automatic to a 94 1.8 manual my automatic 1.6 tps was a 4 wire tps the manual 1.8 tps is a three wire. I was told that the wire I dont need is a different color then the the others , just to cut back the one different wire and wire the others up by color. Now im thinking that maybe the pin out for in the 1.8 ecu is different then the 1.6 harness ? Anyone know? And will having the tps unplugged lean the motor out? Because with it unplugged it runs fine.

Martin
03-04-2015, 08:44 PM
TPS always make me think of this:

http://memecrunch.com/meme/2DCZS/tps-reports/image.jpg?w=1024&c=1

ShawnM
03-04-2015, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE=Martin;160559]TPS always make me think of this:

http://memecrunch.com/meme/2DCZS/tps-reports/image.jpg?w=1024&c=1[/QUOTE haha that made me laugh.

kung fu jesus
03-04-2015, 09:24 PM
I would compare the pin outs between the 1.6 computer vs the 1.8.. When I converted to a variable TPS (auto 1.6 TB) on my manual 1.6 with a Megasquirt, I had weird issues even though I followed an online tutorial. I even replaced the TPS with a new one, couldn't get the readings on the multi tester to be correct. I discovered I had misunderstood the instructions and had the wires wrong. Worked beautifully after that. :)

ShawnM
03-05-2015, 07:07 AM
I would compare the pin outs between the 1.6 computer vs the 1.8.. When I converted to a variable TPS (auto 1.6 TB) on my manual 1.6 with a Megasquirt, I had weird issues even though I followed an online tutorial. I even replaced the TPS with a new one, couldn't get the readings on the multi tester to be correct. I discovered I had misunderstood the instructions and had the wires wrong. Worked beautifully after that. :)
I took it to a good friend of mine and had him replace the tps and try and get get a reading. He said that one of the wires is getting a constant 12v power , he tells me it shouldn't get constant power.

kung fu jesus
03-05-2015, 01:29 PM
Re-read, got me thinking...you could also go back to your original TB and TPS with an adapter plate.

ShawnM
03-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Re-read, got me thinking...you could also go back to your original TB and TPS with an adapter plate.

I have the full fm kit. I have the 1.6 tb and tps on. I think whats getting me is that I went from 1.6 automatic to 1.8 manual all at once. whats weird to me is that with the tps unplugged the car runs extremely well. I can go wot and it pulls hard. I wish I had a wide band on the car right now to see what the air fuel reads with out it hooked up.